Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Element EX
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your time! I have been looking at a few different wheels/tires and want to make sure I buy the right sizes so I don't have any issues or rub. The sales people tell me I will be ok but I realize they just want my money. I have been looking at the Focal X's (see below) in 16 and 17. I know the 16's will be fine but I am leaning to wanting a bigger wheel. I also really like the the LP Adventure LP3 (see below). Looks like they only make them in 17's (17x8, +38mm offset). I am thinking these may be too big? But I don't know. In all honesty I don't really understand the whole wheel/tire/offset thing. As far as tires, I really like the look of the BFG KO2's or even the Toyo Open Country's. Again, any help on the wheel/tire combo is greatly appreciated! I am contemplating doing just a 1inch lift, which I think could help going with a larger wheel and tire. If doing a lift is discouraged, please let me know. I previously owned a 2016 Toyota Tacoma, not trying to do the lifted truck thing but would like to make the Element 'beefer'.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Element EX
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are 15 rota grid concave on bfg's KO2s no rubbing at all stock height... 235/75r15s
Dang! That looks real good. I am going for the Overland look as well. I noticed from previous threads you plastidipped the wheels. How difficult was it? Did you have to tape off or block the inside part of wheel? Since youve been driving around a bit since doing it, have you noticed any scuffs from rocks or just driving?

·
Registered
2004 honda element EX
25 Posts
Wouldn't know bout scuffs yet just put on today. Was pretty straight forward application. Used 3x5 cards around lip where wheel meets tire(overlapped cards in circle) 4 coats EA wheel and 2 coats clear. Came out real smooth and even. Very forgiving product.

·
Registered
2004 honda element EX
25 Posts
yeah i bought four new struts (all 4 corners) and 1" rear 1.5" front aerogenics lift being put on Weds next week i thought i would like stock ride height, but needed struts so lift kit to go with it, it is!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't have any advice to offer, but I am In for the results.
It is going to look good!

How many cans of Plasti Dip did you use Sean?

·
Registered
2004 honda element EX
25 Posts
I don't have any advice to offer, but I am In for the results.
It is going to look good!

How many cans of Plasti Dip did you use Sean?
I used 4 cans in the kit they shipped to me. use one can per wheel and use it all!! be patient and dont be afraid to spray on the tire. i used armor all on the tire careful not to get ANY on the wheel itself. 4-6 coats 20 minute intervals. easy to peel off tire(w armor all) if you applied enough coats.. the directions are spot on dont veer from it.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Element EX
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! I just ordered all new suspension yesterday so thats the next project.

·
Registered
2004 honda element EX
25 Posts
yep road noise is there for sure but i expected it with these tires. but achieving a look more interested me than silence i suppose. its not a commuter its just a toy and secondary vehicle.
but a trip to the beach in Oregon i shouldn't have a problem navigating the sand too much...

·
Registered
2004 honda element EX
25 Posts
20200927_120210.jpg

Thanks everyone! I just ordered all new suspension yesterday so thats the next project.
i love your E!! you will be happy with the ride quality for sure, its like a new car ... i replaced my suspension top to bottom... best investment to date! new strut assembly, balljoints, axleshafts, swaybar links and rear upper adjustable control arms waiting on lowers to show up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts