Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2005 Honda Element for two years. I am getting ready to refinance it and get about 1,000.00 out to add things I wanted originally to it.
If you had the opportunity what would you get and/or not and within this budget. Here is what I would like to get.. Please let me know the best place to buy these things and or companies.

Roof Racks
Floor carpet (want to reduce some of the noise)
fog lights
grill to cover the front radiator or dress it up more or should I get a
brush guard
trailer hitch so I can put a bike rack on it for me and my kids
K&N Typhone??? for more hp and mpg
keyless entry
Door Visors

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pay it off

Pay it off, then add the options as you can afford it. That is the best option of all.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Agree with the above posters. Pay it off first. Unless you have to refinance for financial reasons, the sooner you get it paid off the better. Especially in today's economy. You never know what surprises life has for you around the next corner.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I could see wanting to add mods all at once - but as others have said, paying it off would be the wisest thing :|

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Pay it off!

It does not make scene to pay interest on parts. You can pick up the things you want as you can afford them. ( some of them on this forum, for reduced prices ) Then install them yourself, or go to one of the Mod meets for help.

Dom

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was paying $422.93/mo with CitiFinancial Auto
Last year, I refinanced with Capital One, now paying $293.50/mo

Best decision I ever made.

I am just paying the car off, once it is completely paid off, I will perform a complete tune up and THEN possibly modify the vehicle.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Pay it off. and stay away from Harbor Freight:shock:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is really cool hearing from everyone, and the general consensus is "pay it off". I currently owe $4,900.00 and my payment is $117.00 a month. It would increase $20.00 or so a month and that was why I wanted to get it fixed up the way I always wanted. I am disabled, so my money is tight but I do have a lot of equity in the Element to refinance. I wanted to do the mods. We were also looking into a used 2010 Colorado that has 2,000 miles but the truck payment would be $268.00 a month. That is a HUGE jump from 117.00 -but 100,000 mile warranty. Now what would you do???

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
I know I'm gonna get crap for this, but the only reason they offer a 100,000 mile warranty is because you'll NEED it.

The big question is how much is it going to COST you to refinance it? Each dollar of that cost is money you could simply pay toward the loan you currently have. Remember, it's just a minimum payment. You're free to pay more, which will pay it off faster and save you interest over time.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ya but this Infidel's tool and such last.:roll:. Iv never had much luck with there stuff, or Big Lots, Ollie's , so on..But hell maybe it's just me;-)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
We were also looking into a used 2010 Colorado that has 2,000 miles but the truck payment would be $268.00 a month. That is a HUGE jump from 117.00 -but 100,000 mile warranty. Now what would you do???
GM concentrates on their full size pickups. Colorado/Canyon is the neglected, underdeveloped cousin. I have owned both sizes in the past.
Now, I drive a Tacoma- and that was the RIGHT choice!!!!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I know I'm gonna get crap for this, but the only reason they offer a 100,000 mile warranty is because you'll NEED it.
I work with several people who bought Chevy's over the last year, 'cause of the incentives. To a person, they really have had to use that warranty, over and over and over - and are not happy-campers :twisted:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
We have a Colorado at my work as one of the company trucks. It is not worth it...

Very cheap and not super reliable. Lots of little issues that will nickle and dime you.

Harbor Freight is awesome. Hand tools and various odds and ends at cheap prices. I have a mixed feelings about power tools, most are total junk, some are okay but not as smooth and quiet as the big dogs but do the job if you only need it on occasion. Great warranties on their stuff though.

As for accessories for your E. Start a little savings fund for the fun toys if you really want the extras. Put the 20 bucks or more away each month until you can afford the parts you want. Then you can price search to your hearts consent until you find the best price and part you want.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Ooo... Did someone say "gas"...?

Here's some "gas" for the "fire"...!!!

How about tire's and rims...? LOL!!!

Sorry...! Looked at the list and saw that it was the only thing missing... You asked for recommendations, if you're a DIY-er, you could do the foggies and trailer hitch yourself... As far as roof rack, I wouldn't recommend it... I've had mine since the beginning...

I'm a camper and never seen a use for them and since you'll already have a hitch bike rack, there's no reason to really have the rack because it causes a bit of drag (mind you, it's hardly noticeable but if you're looking to be fully "efficient" then don't put 'em on)... Plus, there's only a 75-lb limit... Unless of course you plan on putting a cargo box up there one day...

Oh, yes, as the other's have said, pay it off FIRST... Who knows...? Your list of items could be even lower in price...!!! Just keep a lookout for stuff when it goes on sale or on the trading post... Lastly, take advantage of some of our sponsors on here...! They're good guys and they support us...

Good luck...!

LBD

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts