Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going through some very serious family issues since the end of February with my Mom. She has a severe heart condition that has caused her to be in and out of hospitals since February multiple times.

May 21 she had a meeting for a heart transplant and or an LVAD. She was checked into NY Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University last week to be evaluated for the transplant and to try getting her into better shape. She had several setbacks over the last week. My sister and I had to rush to the hospital Thursday night because she was going into kidney failure. They were able to get her stabilized with medication. She was placed on the UNOS list for transplant last Friday and scheduled to have an LVAD implanted. Right now we are sitting in the waiting room as she undergoes a 4-5 hour procedure to have her LVAD implanted.

She will be in the hospital about a month then she will be moving in with my wife and I for 2-3 months after being released.

Every time I have told someone I would be getting stuff shipped, something happened with my Mom and she had to take precedent. You can ask the other Mods at how little time I have been spending here the last few months.

I am hoping to be able to take some time tomorrow to once and for all get to everyone's orders and get them shipped out. My Mom will be under sedation for 2-3 days post-op so I will actually have the time without being pulled in 1,000 directions to be able to have the time to do this.

Depending on how this week goes I might be shutting the Club Store down until things stabilize with my Mom.

Thanks for understanding and again I am very sorry for the delays.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mother. Between your mother's health and your new baby it is a miracle that you even have time to post this message. We are all thinking about your and your mother through this tough time and are hoping for the best.

Family comes first!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
No need to apologize.

Sorry to hear about your mother. No need to apologize about shipping though. That stuff is just stuff. I can live without it. Hope your mom gets healthy. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Larry, sorry to hear about your mom. As scorsone said, family do comes first!!! Kepping you and all your family in our thoughts!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Your family is in our hearts and prayers. The EOC Store can wait.

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
My prayers are with you. Hope all turns out well.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Larry,

If there is anything I can do to help, Just call my cell!

Dom

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the update. That's all I wanted. I understand your situation. Hope your Mom gets better soon.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
My prayers are with you , Hope , Mom has a speedy recovery !

RUBY

PS , maybe someone can take over the store for awhile , Give Larry a break , he's got enough on his plate right now , I can do it , if you'd like ....

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone, she is now awake but still heavily sedated.

My Sister was there today with her, I am heading there tomorrow morning to see her. This is such good news! The breathing tube can be out anytime between today and tomorrow. It is faster than we had anticipated. Doesn't mean she's out of the woods, but it is really good news. Her BP has never been this strong in 25 years! While it is medically controlled now, it has been medically controlled in the past and never was this strong. Just now waiting to see how her right side of her heart reacts to the pump. It too is very weak, but they feel it will strengthen over time.

It is difficult to get there while also watching Daniella so I have to find the time and people to watch her... the life of Mr Mom. :)

We met with a contractor this morning to go over plans to expand my lower level into a quasi apartment for my Mom and then later become a Den/Family Room/Play Room/Home Theatre... lol For now, it will be where Mom lives for the next few months. :)

Thanks again for all of the well wishes.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Family does come first, and others have said, all I wanted was an update.
All the best! CT

·
Registered
510 Posts
Keepin yall in my thoughts n prayers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts