Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased one from an E-bay vender a while back...he assured me it would code into my '05, but no luck.

Anyone know where I could find some reasonably priced remotes, besides the dealer ??

I don't have one to read the numbers off...BTW

Thanks...

John

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah make sure you check the number. I had the same experience on Ebay. They said it works on my E but it didnt then I sold it back and get another one. The second time I searched in this forum to make sure the number is correct and it works.

H and A might have a decent deal. It still expensive for me but cheaper than dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My problem is I dont have of the original remotes to verify numbers...Now what ?

Anyone have a clue ??

Vin ??

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
go to the dealer and find the fcc number that works with it. then use that in your search on ebay or confirm it before buying them by using the "ask seller a question" feature before purchasing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
most ebay sellers now put the FCC number on the item when selling it (if they say all are the same, do not buy b/c they aren't....as you learned)

·
Retired.
12,181 Posts
All 2004-2008 Ex & Sc models use the same remote. I would post the FCC number off mine but i don't have it with me.

EDIT: I found these numbers onlien if someone would be aboe to confirm them for me.

Honda Part Number 72147-S5T-A01 (This i know is correct)
FCC ID: OUCG8D-344H-A (G8D-344H-A)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts