Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 09 box 7/09, and from day 1 have hated the silver grill and rear trim piece on the tailgate. So finally after almost a year, i took them off and had them painted to match the car. It never ceases to amaze me how something so little can make such a HUGE difference. I love the way it looks now, and it will look even better when the billet inserts come in next week.

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks great. Can we get a better shot of your rims?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here you go with the rim request. Im actually getting some 18's this summer and these will be my winter wheels

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
NICE job with the painting!! I always disliked the rear "accent" piece, would have done the same if I had an '09+. Great job!! The rims look great as well!! :razz::razz:

What's your next mod??!! :? :roll: 8)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am so glad you did this. I've been thinking about painting the same pieces on mine and was a little gun-shy about doing it without seeing it first. It looks great! Did you paint it yourself or bring it to a shop?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am so glad you did this. I've been thinking about painting the same pieces on mine and was a little gun-shy about doing it without seeing it first. It looks great! Did you paint it yourself or bring it to a shop?

i took it to a shop. dropped them off thursday afternoon and picked them up friday

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NICE job with the painting!! I always disliked the rear "accent" piece, would have done the same if I had an '09+. Great job!! The rims look great as well!! :razz::razz:

What's your next mod??!! :? :roll: 8)
next things will be the 18's, tailgate spoiler, leather interior, maybe the mudguards and the honda side steps both painted to match

·
Registered
282 Posts
i took it to a shop. dropped them off thursday afternoon and picked them up friday
Awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what was the price range on getting those 2 parts painted?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
That mod really sets the E off. Good Idea in getting a body shop to do your paint change. They use a paint with a hardner and and two stage the paint. If you try and rattle can the project you will be repainting all the time. without the hardner the paint will rock chip all the time. Been into this problem before.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Good thing you paint better than you spell................(see lic. plate)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks great! Nice rims as well. Which rims are those? Looking to get 18's myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
More pics! That looks so hot!

I may be getting an Element and you are not making my decision any easier. :( I absolutely love the black Element, but I'm so worried about the maintenance!

·
Registered
517 Posts
My 2010 silver was painted to match from the factory. It's painted silver and not the chrome/brushed silver. Why it's different from all the other colors I don't know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
See, it just matches from Honda, but why only the Silver color?
I could be way off on this since I don't even own an Element, but I always thought that for all the colors, those pieces were painted ASM. But yeah, I'd be VERY interested in seeing those pieces in chrome or brushed metal. :-D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts