Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this exist? My dealer stated that the Honda i-Pod music link was discontinued due to malfunctions. Is the 2010 EX stereo different form previous years? I want a way to directly control my i-Pod through the stock stereo controls.( I don't want to tap into the AUX hole and have everything sliding around on the shelf above the glove box and in plain view for thieves)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Does this exist? My dealer stated that the Honda i-Pod music link was discontinued due to malfunctions. Is the 2010 EX stereo different form previous years? I want a way to directly control my i-Pod through the stock stereo controls.( I don't want to tap into the AUX hole and have everything sliding around on the shelf above the glove box and in plain view for thieves)
According to the Honda website, the USB interface comes standard with the nav system. Is this what you're referring to when you say discontinued?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just installed my USA spec i-POD adapter tonight. The routing of the wires was a pain (because space behind the dash is super tight) but otherwise it was just a pretty simple plug and play installation.

Does anybody else have this USA spec adapter?
It works fine and plays music from the i-POD when I push the AUX/CD button but it doesn't display text.
On the USA spec module there is 1-2-3-4 DIP off or on options with tiny toggle switches. When I set it up to display text per the manual with the XM button it does display text but plays the i-POD and XM radio simultaneously. Does any electronic guru know more about this and what configuration of the 4 toggle switches are correct for a 2010 EX with XM? The manual is utterly confusing at best.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/pa15.pdf

;)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You forgot to plug in that extra wire didn't you I did the same thing. I Velcroed the little box to inside left wall of my glove box and put a hole in the back for the wires. also velcroed the ipod to the bump inside next to the lock asm. I also bought a Valentine Radar detector and velcroed it to the hump on the dash and hard wired it at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010 lx

Does the kit work on the 2010 LX?
This model of the element has a simpler radio/audio system than the EX.

Is it easy and inexpensive to add an mp3 adapter to let you play thru the radio speakers?

JGO

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had one in my VW and they're iPod specific thru the dock connector. In my E, I've just been using the Aux jack (for all of six days now) but when I had the VW the USA Spec plugged into the factory wiring harness for a CD changer (in the trunk). Just plug the iPod into that and have five playlists controlled from the stock radio. Not sure that there'd be any difference at least in concept with the E version...

If my radio didn't have the Aux In, I'd definitely be putting one in right away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts