Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not cynical, just trying to find the best way to move forward on this, seeing as I have no idea what I'm doing. "Spray and pray" is a photographers expression, ya know, put your camera on burst mode and take a million shots of something, praying one will be what you'll keep

Everything I've done on this entire DIY CAT replacement is something I've never done before. Hey, ask me about building a house, I've done that

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've got the Honda # for the upstream donut gasket (18229-S6M-003) but the pic on the Honda diagram of that gasket is just a generic rendition. I'd like to pick up the donut and bolts etc locally to speed up the process and not pay for shipping and, incredibly, the pic of what I'm supposedly looking for varies from store to store, like they randomly swap pics of the downstream donut gasket with the upstream one that I need

I'm going to start spraying today

Does anyone have a pic of the one I'm looking for and could put it up here?

And a guy I talked with on some other forum did his CAT replacement and sent me his parts list that he got from Rock Auto. Thanks for that, man, but the bolt/spring/nut kit he got shows "Doesn't fit your 2004 Element" on all the store's websites. He didn't say the bolts he got didn't work so that's a bit confusing

Again, on the Honda website there is no real pic of the bolt that works (or it's dimensions either). I can see how the initial part of the bolt is thicker to fit better inside the spring and the end of the bolt is threaded. Which makes me think that the length of the fat part dictates how far the spring will compress so necessarily has to be the correct length. Again, there are no numbers for me to compare the OEM Honda bolt with any aftermarket like Dolan or Walker

Anyone have a pic of the OEM Honda bolt and it's dimensions? Thanks

21 - 23 of 23 Posts