Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just "finished" buying a set of Geolander H/T-S tires from my local Discount Tire store(Wenatchee, WA). I went with 225/75-16's. Had started with 225/70-16's. The salesman originally didn't think the 75 size tire would fit without rubbing. I went back a couple of days later and had them order the 75 size tire and had them put on today. I like the way the car feels-seems to stick to the road better, tracks better, even seems quieter than the GoodYears. I also like the larger size-the E "feels" much bigger than it did!

I really liked dealing with Discount Tire. I thought I got a good deal and I liked the way I was treated. And it didn't cost me anything more to switch tires! I thought for sure I'd have to pay for mounting and balancing the new tires. Really good service!

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I just "finished" buying a set of Geolander H/T-S tires from my local Discount Tire store(Wenatchee, WA). I went with 225/75-16's. Had started with 225/70-16's. The salesman originally didn't think the 75 size tire would fit without rubbing. I went back a couple of days later and had them order the 75 size tire and had them put on today. I like the way the car feels-seems to stick to the road better, tracks better, even seems quieter than the GoodYears. I also like the larger size-the E "feels" much bigger than it did!

I really liked dealing with Discount Tire. I thought I got a good deal and I liked the way I was treated. And it didn't cost me anything more to switch tires! I thought for sure I'd have to pay for mounting and balancing the new tires. Really good service!

Thank you very much for the post. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I'll make sure Kevin up there in WA gets some recognition. Thank you for your continued support.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i agree. Brandon at the one here in daytona is awesome, as is Tim. Both have been at the Ormond Beach location before and i go to which ever one they are at because they know me now and they are good people to deal with. I have always been treated well by discount and i only wish that they were in MD when i lived up there 10 years ago as there are some crummy tire places up ther that i have had to deal with.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
i agree. Brandon at the one here in daytona is awesome, as is Tim. Both have been at the Ormond Beach location before and i go to which ever one they are at because they know me know and they are good people to deal with. I have always been treated well by discount and i only wish that they were in MD when i lived up there 10 years ago as there are some crummy tire places up ther that i have had to deal with.
Awesome, Thank you fo sharing. I'll pass these comments on as well. Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yes i agree, you guys are awesome. i had a flat tire on christmas eve ( i know what a christmas gift). but the guys at discount tire right next to my work in little elm store TXD-67 i think.
but they where able to get me out in less then 15 mins and still have time to get a bit to eat on my lunch break, and also saved me from missing my christmas with my family..
so i just wanted to say thank you for everything. i will definitely go back for more work on my car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you guys are going to be recognizing any of the managers of your stores.. i think that Del the manager of the Shoreline, Wa store deserves some serious recognition. Because of him i will never buy tires anywhere else. He is very knowledgeable, and has always been able to recommend tires that i end up absolutely loving. I always take all of my cars as well as all of the cars belonging to my friends and family. I think i have purchased 9 sets of tires and 2 sets of rims from him. Major thanks to Del and his staff.. they are awesome!!

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
yes i agree, you guys are awesome. i had a flat tire on christmas eve ( i know what a christmas gift). but the guys at discount tire right next to my work in little elm store TXD-67 i think.
but they where able to get me out in less then 15 mins and still have time to get a bit to eat on my lunch break, and also saved me from missing my christmas with my family..
so i just wanted to say thank you for everything. i will definitely go back for more work on my car.
If you guys are going to be recognizing any of the managers of your stores.. i think that Del the manager of the Shoreline, Wa store deserves some serious recognition. Because of him i will never buy tires anywhere else. He is very knowledgeable, and has always been able to recommend tires that i end up absolutely loving. I always take all of my cars as well as all of the cars belonging to my friends and family. I think i have purchased 9 sets of tires and 2 sets of rims from him. Major thanks to Del and his staff.. they are awesome!!
Thank you both for sharing your experiences with us here. I'll certainly pass your gratitude along.

wish they had one hear in fort walton beach florida.
It looks like the closest store to you is located in Tallahassee :| We can certainly help you through mail order though.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I too have been very pleased with DT. Bought last two sets of tires there, (Elgin and Algonquin), and have/will recommend them to family, co-workers or friends. Love the free tire rotations.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am a fan of Discount Tire. A couple years ago I picked up a nail in an OEM tire on my Mazda6. I took it in to get it fixed at the store in Burnsville, MN. They fixed it for me at no charge. I was amazed, they said come back to us when you need a new set of tires. I have, I think I have bought 3 or 4 sets of tires for different vehicles since then.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep... No Doubt About It...

I have been dealing with Discount Tire here in the Denver Metroplex for the last couple of decades. I have had dealings with stores in Colorado Springs, Littleton, Denver, Englewood and Various Mountain Towns, too! ALWAYS have been treated very well! Love those Road Hazard Warranties! {Please see: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48886&highlight=Gislaved } Another Road Hazard Warranty story is when I was driving my '69 Olds Cutlass... way too fast, by the way... near Aspen one Glorious Summer Day. When suddenly, whilst rounding a curve, a herd of Elk materialized on the roadway! Long & Short... Fully Locked Up 4-Wheel Drift at... well, let's just say 'excessive speed'... right through the middle of the herd! And I Missed Them ALL!! The week-old BFG's suffered very badly from such behavior. I limped into my local DT and they laughed at me the whole time that they were replacing all 4 of those BFG's. With The Road Hazard Warranty I think that I paid the Sales Tax, FET & Purchased New Road Hazard Warranties and I was out the door under Sixty Bucks!! You just gotta' love that stuff!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discount Tire Yokohama Tires

I recently purchased 4 Yokohama Geolander HTS 225/75-16 tires from Discount Tire. Since there are no stores locally I purchased them on line and had them shipped to my door. I cannot believe what a difference installing these tires made in handling, traction, and noise reduction. The price was very good compared to the local tire dealers who marked them up as much as $40.00 per tire compared to what I paid. The customer service was outstanding. I had a question on shipment and the gentleman I talked to took care of the issue instantly. I cannot say enough good things about Discount Tire.

Thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts
wish they had one hear in fort walton beach florida.
but with mail order I will still pay to much with shipping factored in then still need to deal with moronsoops I mean somebody to mount&balance.& I want to see just what I am getting before there mine. hey this looks like a good place& time to open a tire store!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
but with mail order I will still pay to much with shipping factored in then still need to deal with moronsoops I mean somebody to mount&balance.& I want to see just what I am getting before there mine. hey this looks like a good place& time to open a tire store!!!
I forgot to mention that I did not pay shipping for the tires. I mounted them myself and took them to WalMart and had them balanced for 5 bucks each.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
another positive experience

i noticed something shiny in the tread of the left front tire yesterday as i was leaving for work. upon closer inspection it looked like the head of a finishing nail. so i dropped by the local DT and had them check it. it turned out to just be the head of a finishing nail, or similar, embedded in the tread, it hadn't punched thru, it wasn't long enough. so they removed it and re-installed the wheel/tire. all for no charge.
big deal you say?
well, while i was there they also checked tire pressure in all 4 wheels, cleaned the sidewalls of all 4 tires, hand torqued all 20 lug nuts to 80, never complained about the spacers and generally made me feel like they wanted my business.
i think they'll continue to get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discount Arizona

:| I too have been a big fan of Discount Tire. Although all the stores in my area are not equally good. The one I bought my General HTS tires from special ordered them and did a great job installing them. I love the tires. However, they charged me $36 for TPMS rebuild kits. The vehicle has less than 1000 miles on it. I didn't see them put anything on but tires. So beware that you check your invoice and don't get charged for what you didn't get. I do however, highly recommend the General HTS.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
:| I too have been a big fan of Discount Tire. Although all the stores in my area are not equally good. The one I bought my General HTS tires from special ordered them and did a great job installing them. I love the tires. However, they charged me $36 for TPMS rebuild kits. The vehicle has less than 1000 miles on it. I didn't see them put anything on but tires. So beware that you check your invoice and don't get charged for what you didn't get. I do however, highly recommend the General HTS.
Thank you for posting your thoughts here and we really appreciate your continued support.

The TPMS rebuild kits are replacement parts for your TPMS Valves. Each time you break a tire down off a wheel that uses TPMS Valves, it's recommended that you use the rebuild kit to ensure no leaks. If you were charged for it, I'm sure they were rebuilt 8)

·
Registered
187 Posts
yes, ATC/DTC/DTD is an excellent company to do business with. how do i know? im an assistant manager there! =P

1 - 20 of 35 Posts