Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold Dynamat starting back in the late 80's. I have no idea why I waited so long to do mine, it needs it badly. It's very noisy. In fact I got my Dynamat for free from my old boss as a wedding present (back in 2007) and I finally put it in last weekend. Wow, you really have to do this especially if you drive highway speeds often. Huge attenuation in noise. I did the front, rear doors. The spare tire well and rear side panels. It took 6 hours and besides a phillips and a 14MM socket you only need a clip tool and a small hook tool.

ET

·
Registered
599 Posts
How many square feet did you need to do those areas? I've been kicking around this mod for a while and I'm ready to pull the trigger but I don't know how much to buy. I just want to do the doors, spare, rear walls and tailgate. I don't have the time to pull the seats and floor to do the bottom, although I'd love to.

·
Registered
118 Posts
maontayne,

I did similar work on my Audi, inside the door panels and entire trunk area and spare tire wheel well. Made such a major difference. Now the E will be getting it done. Door panels and rear deck lid etc.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Ditto on the request for a square footage estimate. I'd like to do the same areas. Going to have some of those panels off for some equipment installs soon anyway.

·
Registered
349 Posts
LOL at Dynamat as a wedding gift.

Who does that?

·
Registered
599 Posts
LOL at Dynamat as a wedding gift.

Who does that?
I wish I had gotten some Dynamat for a wedding gift instead of some of the crap people gave us :-D

Which is more practical, Dynamat or a George Foreman grill? I went to culinary school for Christ's sake, why would someone buy me a George Foreman grill? It's like buying a mechanic a lifetime supply of Mighty Putty http://www.mightyputty.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts