Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08E00-E10-100

So I called a few places and they said this part has been discontinued. I'm not sure if you all would recommend something similar?

Preferably something that integrates with the car's existing stereo system and doesn't look tacky. I liked the OEM product because of how it fits into the ceiling and looks legit.

I want to use this mainly for answering calls safely, but I don't want to replace the sleek existing Navigation system in my Honda Element 2009 8)

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/products/09Pilot_HandsFreeLink_m.jpg

·
Registered
476 Posts
there a lots of inexpensive radios with built in BT hands
free calling. i paid $115 for a Kenwood DPX-502BT just
for this reason, it works great !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
12,179 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I finally installed mine

upgraded to led lights in the dash and painted everything flat black

sound is amazing

bluetooth works great

can change the colors any way you want, unit is the Kenwood DPX-502BT

got it at crutchfield they helped out my install when I wired it wrong. Ex is different from LX, but they sent we a second wiring harness and its all good, for free including shipping

but its easy to use easy to install and works great

huge improvement has a wireless remote that works outside the car

·
Registered
627 Posts
since you have nav this may not be an option

I use my iphone for navigation and this has a direct usb plug in the front

·
EOC Rank: Seagull
44 Posts
You can buy a head unit with built in NAV also.

Most will cost you 300+ but I found this one and put it in my 04 and it works great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01686P1XK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know Boss Audio doesn't necessarily strike anyone as "high quality" but this HU had good reviews and , honestly, I'm very happy with it.

Has BT, NAV, Backup Cam, DVD, SD Card, USB and Aux inputs. Plus, tons of other AV hookups in the back for dash cam, etc. It's pretty awesome for less than $200.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Head Unit options

One of the first things I did when I got my E was install a Pioneer Head Unit.(4200NEX)
I now have blue tooth and full touch screen control of my phone from the HU touch screen via Mirrorlink and RockScout or Android Auto. Pioneer HU also work with iPhones If I want to call someone, I just hit the phone icon and my contact list comes up or I can ask Google to connect me.
When a call comes in, I just touch the phone icon on the HU screen to answer it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One of the first things I did when I got my E was install a Pioneer Head Unit.(4200NEX)
I now have blue tooth and full touch screen control of my phone from the HU touch screen via Mirrorlink and RockScout or Android Auto. Pioneer HU also work with iPhones If I want to call someone, I just hit the phone icon and my contact list comes up or I can ask Google to connect me.
When a call comes in, I just touch the phone icon on the HU screen to answer it.
Yeah but I wanna keep the nav :-(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting discussion. Have just bought a 2005 Element which didn't provide Bluetooth capabilities back then. But this discussion led me to Amazon where I found this unit:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Re...-Cancelling/dp/B0728GP9XH/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

15 Hour Bluetooth Receiver / Bluetooth Car Kit, TaoTronics Portable Wireless Audio Adapter 3.5mm Aux Stereo Output (Hands-free Calling, Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP, CVC Noise Cancelling)

Please note! -- I haven't purchased this item, have not used it, and can't vouch for it's capabilities, but thought I'd pass along the reference in case it's something that might fit the bill for you. If/when I do purchase and install this unit, I'll update this post w/ my review.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts