Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering trading my '02 Jetta for this '05 Element EX. It has 112,000 miles, and is advertised for about $8,700 on Craigslist. The dealer is a 1 1/2 hour drive from here, so I haven't had a chance to test drive it yet.

They have it priced about $1,500 below what Edmunds says they Dealer Retail is, which makes me wonder if there is something wrong with it. I guess I won't know till I drive it.

Considering it's over 100,000 miles, is there maintenance I should have them do to sweeten the deal, such as replacing the timing belt, etc?

I'm really looking forward to being a part of the EOC community!

http://maine.craigslist.org/ctd/1549143603.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
get the vin number and RUN a Carfax

and or take it to a honda dealer to inspect

I bet its been in a accident or trans is on the way out

GL

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just picked up an 05 LX MT with 95k single owner clean carfax for 7400 in socal. Car is in very sound mechanical shape with a few minor cosmetic blemishes. It's possible but make sure the car is clean yourself. If your nervous about the engine take it to a reputable shop and have a leakdown test performed.

Afaik this motor has a timing chain. Just make sure to scope for corrosion in the radiator and you should be g2g.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Elements have a timing chain, so besides changing the fluids and doing a thorough visual inspection, you should be good to go.

Clicked on your link and its no longer on CL...let us know what you find!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts