Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...i like the way black alloy rims look on the e....any ideas where to get a nice pair...besides tirerack

robert

·
Registered
52 Posts
me too, Space!!!!! I would even like to have black steel rims.... but I think I am going to attempt to paint my stock alloys. I asked for advise on the "do-it-yourself, mods" section on the best way to paint them, unfortunatley I am incredibly cheap so I will try discounted version of their suggestions. I am going to sand the existing finish and then rub on the black paint, then give it a topcoat of clear, (yes, I watch Trading Spaces). In theory, this will give my wheels an Antique-y type look and should look quite good with my SMM E. If it looks like crap then I will regroup and think about having them professionally painted or just get new ones. I'll post pics when it is done.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Okiebug, just a warning, painting on metal is MUCH different then painting on wood/drywall/plaster with latex paint. IMHO you will in no way be satisfied with "rubbed on" paint on the wheels. But you can always sand it off and try again if you don't like it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have the answer for you. go to( tires.com)and you will find some nice looking black konig rims. they also have some cheap black steel rims for 47.00 each. i hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts