Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She decided to try to make an illegal u turn across 4 lanes, then plowing into my steelie.

And then the damage to her Lexus.

We were doing 50 (Speedlimit on this street), all things considered it could have been a lot worse. We're guessing the srut and control arm will need to be replaced, and definitely the rim. Ah well, these things happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
6 weeks old car, 2 month old baby and wife. A lady in a Ford truck ran a red light.

E was totaled, but family fine. Thanks to the great Element who took the hit and kept everyone safe. HATS OFF to the E.

We just replaced her with a new one just like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bummer

Sorry to here about the accident, I like your attitude towards it. I think I would have not taken it so well. Glad to here everyone was fine though.
I kinda like the way your E sits, with the 215/70/15's on it. Looks tough,low to the ground with a wide base...looks good. How do it ride, how do you like it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow glad to hear both groups are ok!

·
Registered
106 Posts
She is sooooo going to pay for her 'convenient' illegal u-turn and is already at fault. Good thing it wasn't worse, and glad you're ok.

I really hate people who pull off illegal u-turns. More and more people think it's OK to do it because other people are doing it.

She decided to try to make an illegal u turn across 4 lanes, then plowing into my steelie.

And then the damage to her Lexus.

We were doing 50 (Speedlimit on this street), all things considered it could have been a lot worse. We're guessing the srut and control arm will need to be replaced, and definitely the rim. Ah well, these things happen.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Glad to hear it's not too bad!
And I agree, you're taking it much better than I would too!!

Hope everything works out ok!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I didn't take it too well with the insurance company who didn't want to total her out. $13,000.00 worth of repairs. 1,300 miles on it.

But as of yesterday, the whole thing is over. After lots of conversations, they gave me $24.00 less than I paid [plus some extra for the freak out we went through with the baby on board]

Found the exact same car, same price, Got her yesterday.

[yes I did check everything to be sure it wasn't the one I had before. it crossed my mind too! Only a week after I signed over the title of the wrecked, no time for repairs].

Most importantly, the Family didn't get hurt, glass everywhere, but no cuts or scratches on anyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congrats on the second new car formulabrand. She's a beauty. Those Elements take to crashes really well. They may get totaled but the people inside are always able to walk away unhurt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts