Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got back from Burger King or some other fast food place, and i noticed a toy came with what ever she got. It was Bumblebee from transformers a little plastic camaro. The cool thing is it has a button on top that you press and it makes that transformer sound( you know what it is) It got me thinking Could i take this thing apart and some how run it to the hatch or any door for that matter. When you opened it it would make that cool transformer sound. It's a little cheezy but might be neat. Has anyone tried this? I will give it a shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
478 Posts
im sure you could, not with the parts of the little toy itself..but honestly...I know that I was all hyped up about getting everything transformer after watching transformers 1 and 2...as weeks went buy...I became less and less excited..do it if its a cheap mod...if its costly...think twice...or if you just love transformers do it and POST IT on YOUTUBE!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
not my cup of tea but if you wanted to do it it would be very easy. all of the door triggers can be found at the green factory security plug under the dash. use these to trigger a relays contact (86) and run power to pin 85. then hook pin 87 and 30 to the contacts inside the transformers switch that makes the sound. 87a on the relay is not used. boom your done.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
not my cup of tea but if you wanted to do it it would be very easy. all of the door triggers can be found at the green factory security plug under the dash. use these to trigger a relays contact (86) and run power to pin 85. then hook pin 87 and 30 to the contacts inside the transformers switch that makes the sound. 87a on the relay is not used. boom your done.
...and you could hook the speaker up to a self-amplified PA system... :lol:

·
Registered
541 Posts
stealing your kids toys?????>>>>>:shock:
lol.... too funny. try it and post. make sure you get a pic of your kids reaction too when he/she hears the toy sound...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I did something similar to a friends car in high :school..... she was a Jimmy buffet fan, so I got one of those greeting cards that played the margaritaville music... & I grafted it into the door chime sending unit on her Jetta.......she loved it...:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
We used the musical greeting cards and rigged them up to our refrigerator, so you hear the star wars theme when you open it. It only lasted a couple weeks till the batteries died. But fun nonetheless. Any time we get musical cards, it gets torn apart and connected to some door in the house.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup batteries died!!!

Stupid and cheesy idea, but I'm kinda running out of fairly cheap mods.....just trying to come up with something new:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts