Honda Element Owners Club banner

Icing on the cake (Red Devil Cake!)

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  funkytown 
#1 ·
I have never before added anything to a car that I bought. For some reason the Element just begs for a few additions just for fun. Today's FEDEX brought me the Japanese Cherry Dash Kit that I have been waiting for. Have also added the splash guards, the front bug guard and the rear scoop. So here's my pics of my latest work.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...sm7lmxcA9vPh4/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=550/ry=400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...sm7lmxcA9vPh4/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=550/ry=400/

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Nicely done Holder3...!

Now... The next question is... You going to get a cherrywood steering wheel...? I wonder if the have other trim pieces...? Like the lip in front of all the cubbies/shelves...? Maybe have a cherrywood armrest as well...? Or inserts...?

Wow... So many options, can't believe it...! Very 8) COOL 8) indeed...!

LBD

#4 ·
Thank you lunchboxdriver. I decided against the complete dashkit with the steering wheel trim. Went with simple and basic. I was thinking about adding the overhead console trim kit but the image on the CARID site doesn't look right for the 2010.

If anyone else has bought the overhead console trim I'd love to see a picture of it.

#5 · (Edited)
Did you get it Here, or Here ?

I also found this one.

Dom

#7 ·
- - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - -

Now THAT is SO COOL 8)...! WOW!!! Didn't notice the door trim pieces in the first pic...!

Awesome...!

LBD

#9 ·
D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y do NOT forget the pictures...!!!

LBD

#11 · (Edited)
I'm seriously considering the carbon fiber.....
Well EE, I've seen one other... It's different THAT's for sure...! I tried to "SEARCH" for pictures and sadly :-( couldn't find them...! Someone on here has the CF trim kit...

LBD

edit: Here we go... Found the pic...

#12 ·
It's still beautiful and I still love it.

I can't say that I'm a fan of Carbon Fiber but I will tell you that if the material is the same it's very nicely done. I ordered it from CARID. It has a thickness to it that makes it look almost as if it is a cushion on the surface. The Japanese Cherry I chose is luminous in the sunlight and has nice depth. As of now everything is still well attached. If you get it, be careful detaching pieces from the board and pulling the red film off the back of any part that has a thin area. On the radio piece it is very thin in two areas and I did break both sides trying to pull it off the backerboard. However once adhered to the surface you can't tell that they broke.

For now the only concer I have is the top piece on the radio console. It takes direct sunlight in most positions, so just for safety I throw a cloth over that part when it's sitting in the blazing Tx. sun for any period of time. I might have to get myself a dash cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.