Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2004 Element "Orange". I love it. I found a great find with only 31K miles and in very clean condition. Only paid $13K. WOW! Anyway I am very happy but concerned about keeping up the beauty as the previous owner. I've never done more than just drive through the car was before.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nancy

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Well lets see;
Wash it every week, hand wash, towel dry, say sweet nothings about how beautiful she is.
Freak out whenever she gets dirty and birds poop on her.

Carry spray detailer in her in case of emergencies.

Wipe down the enterior every week also.

PARK IN THE BACK OF THE PARKING LOT!
Call the nearest ding guy in case some idiot uses your door as a doorstop whenever you can't park out in timbuctoo.

Use Mothers Back to Black or Ice polish on the grey panels.

THEN POST PICTURES! or better yet post the pictures now!:rolleyes:

I clay bar mine twice a year, use a scratch detailer, and wax.
Mine is an 03 and I get comments all the time on how new she looks--I bought mine used with 53,000 on her. And yes, I just had to have a HUGE dent pulled out of her:-x

Yours is SOP --Sunset Orange Pearl-- The sexiest color and gets the most horsepower and mpg than all other colors;-)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Welcome to the asylum, your color-matched strait jacket will be delivered shortly. Don't mind the other inmates, they can tend to nip and growl on occasion but rest assured they're all up to date on their shots. Now drink deeply of the complimentary Kool-Aid until your pre-Element life is but a foggy dream :D

As far as car wash, really depends on what kind of wash you're going through. Avoid brush washes at all cost, likewise any kind of wash with spinning rags/bristles/whatever with the possible exception of neoprene strips (which are very uncommon). You will hear from many on here who say to only wash by hand, but I don't have time or location to do that. I try to stick with pressure washer washes. Not the best but it'll get it clean quickly and relatively safely.

Jojo here is a fine example of the obsessive/compulsive detailing crowd :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group Nancy

Post some pictures of your Orange Beauty

and fill out the rest of your profile when you get a chance, it helps when answering questions

Remember, Orange is the BESTEST COLOR (but I am biased)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Best Polish!

Nancy,

I have been polishing for years. 2 years ago, an Element owner told me about ZAINO car polish system. It is worth every penny- and goes on easier and lasts MUCH longer than traditional waxes- and I used the "upscale" waxes too.

Check it out- awesome stuff!

Jay

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nancy,

I have been polishing for years. 2 years ago, an Element owner told me about ZAINO car polish system. It is worth every penny- and goes on easier and lasts MUCH longer than traditional waxes- and I used the "upscale" waxes too.

Check it out- awesome stuff!

Jay
Could not agree more...use Z-CS on the Plastic (you can use it on the whole car if you want). Follow their system twice a year and keep a bottle of Z-6 around for after wash detail and quick cleans. It's not cheap but a little goes a loooong way. It lasts really well too! www. .zainostore.com It's really worth it to me. If you are into this kind of craziness:D

Welcome to the forum and please fill out your profile:) Also we all Know that SOP WAS the color that was the sexiest with the best gas mileage and the most horsepower Until they produced the new and improved Citrus Fire Metallic for 2009. Now it holds the title!:D

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
Nobody tell Nancy that for that price she could have gotten -

"THE RUBE" mobile. . . . . . . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts