Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my "new to me" 2007 Honda Element, 4 WD EX w/ AT. I was an original "E" owner in 2003, but regretfully sold it prior to my deployment to Afghanistan in 2007. I've really missed it, and have been driving my wife's "hand-me-downs" ever since (2006 Civic first, then 2007 Mazda5). But, after returning from my last deployment (this time Iraq), the wife said that if I "found the right one", I could become an Element owner once again.

I looked at a 2010, and was stoked for the in-dash Nav and integrated back-up camera (we tow a Honda Aquatrax jetski), but wasn't as keen on the looks of the front fascia...and was really bummed about the lack of sunroof. I'd been scouring craigslist and Yahoo autos for a low-mileage late-model "E", but to no avail. I was actually at a Mazda dealership this weekend looking to "maybe" trade the Mazda5 in for a Mazda3, when I came across this sitting on their used car lot.

Really got excited upon seeing it. Great color, with a lot of great options/accessories already purchased by the previous owner. Previous owner had traded it in, and obviously pampered it as it had all service records and was in pristine condition...best part was that it had only 11,970 miles! Yep, this must have been a garaged/weekend only type of vehicle. I was really struck by how well the HFP wheels matched the color of the vehicle...they look like nearly an exact match. Anyhow, here is what it came equipped with by the previous owner (that I've identified thus far anyhow):

- Factory Roof Rack w/ Rocky Mounts bike rack
- Factory Side Steps
- Factory Fog Lights
- Front & Rear Mud Guards
- Door Visors
- All-Season Floor Mats
- HFP 17" Bronze Wheels
- Yokohama Geolander H/T-S tires (235/65R17)
- F & R Magnum Cross-drilled rotors (with original 1,000 mile boxed rotors & pads included)
- Injen Super SES Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust
- K & N air filter
- Decorative trim on the front grill

Anyhow, it feels great to be driving an "E" again, and I'm obviously excited about my purchase. I've included a few photos of my new addition and am now contemplating just what will be my next "add-on" to purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Attachments

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
First off, let me say Thanks for your service!

Then let me say Welcome back.

The element is not just a car, It's a life style. It gets under your skin.

How much did that beauty set you back? and where are you located?

Dom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
Thanks JoJo...glad to be back in an "E" again! Cool factor points w/ my driving aged daughter went way up (she always called my Mazda5 a mini "mini-van"...my argument that it was a "sports-wagon" seemed to carry no weight).

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First off, let me say Thanks for your service!

Appreciate it. Been with the USAF for 26+ years now.
Then let me say Welcome back.

Thanks, I am glad to be back in an "E" again. I missed driving and owning my Element...so-o-o-o much that this vehicle can do.
The element is not just a car, It's a life style. It gets under your skin.

Concur.
How much did that beauty set you back? and where are you located?

Dom, I'm currently stationed in Virginia; just moved here this past fall after my year-long rotation in Iraq. Family moved out here just before me over the summer.

Vehicle cost...some will say that I probably paid too much, but in the end I was very satisfied. The Mazda dealer (which also has a sister Honda dealer in another part of the city) had it listed for $20,900, and after negotiation we settled on $19,250 for the Element and $12,250 for trade value on my 2007 Mazda5 Touring (original owner, pristine shape, full-documentation...just like the "E").

NADA Retail Value for the Element w/ mileage adjustment and no options: $19,900. NADA Trade Value for my Mazda5: $11,025 (NADA Retail Value: $13,850). After initially looking at it on the lot, I went home and did my research, calculated what I thought the additional accessories/options were worth to me, then went back in the next day and made an offer.

Dom

Like I said, I was very satisfied in the end. I think I got good value on my trade because of the condition/documentation of my Mazda, and the fact that I was trading it at a Mazda dealer. A few weeks earlier, at their sister Honda dealership, I was offered only $9,950 in trade towards a 2011 Honda Pilot 4WD Touring (for my wife)...needless to say, I passed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts