Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes its true, its true. I test drove a cube today and loved it! I more than loved it, I thought it was a life changing experiance. When I returned to the dealership and saw my Mr. Humfrie sitting there I could almost see a tear coming out of his headlight (might have just been the rain). But seriously I did like the nissan cube and love the superior gasmilage it offers, reverse cam, auto a/c controls, pushbutton start and smart key. Even the little zen ripples in the roof. I dont know what to do! What do you guys think? I'll keep you posted.

Oh and I almost forgot I love the CVT transmission! Very smooth!

·
Registered
590 Posts
i worked next to the independent crash labs and saw a few smashed up... wasn't that impressed. bout all i know about them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i worked next to the independent crash labs and saw a few smashed up... wasn't that impressed. bout all i know about them.
Hard to tell how safe a car is by looking at a crumpled up one. It has six airbags and is a top safty pick.

"2010 Nissan cube® rated a Top Safety Pick by IIHS
To become a 2010 Top Safety Pick, a vehicle must earn the highest rating ("Good") in the front, side and rear impact tests performed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, as well as offer electronic stability control."

From the nissan website.

Still thinking about it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think the Kia Soul looks way better than the cube. I plan on looking at one in a year and a half. I will still keep my E though...........

·
Registered
557 Posts
I can imagine if I was really drunk I might like the cube too.:twisted: Sorry, I just think that some cars... need to not be imported.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
If it fits your lifestyle do it! (hopefully you wont take a bath too hard on the trade of the E.) It's a great looking quirky little vehicle... I for one am enjoying the influx of micro cars into this country....wish more car makers would get a clue......

·
Retired.
12,181 Posts
I have an all day meeting at our Nissan store tommorow. I have only quickly looked at the cube...If i get time i am going to take one out fro a drive and see what it's all about.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the Kia Soul looks way better than the cube. I plan on looking at one in a year and a half. I will still keep my E though...........
I also liked the look of the soul so I drove one of those a month ago and dident really like it. I liked the way it drove and loved the way the manual transmission shifted especialy the german reverse! But the way the vehicle is configured just dosent do it for me. I've always liked the cube even before they brought the to the U.S. but more in a I like it but not for me way. The design has just grown on me and now I think its very cute and cool. I love designs that are very Japanese. I also like the way it drives better than the soul or the E. The road noise is much quieter in the Cube than the other two. The engine noise is also much quiter in the Cube than in the Soul. The CVT is very smooth as I said earlyer as it dosent have shift shock like the E because there is no set gears in the Cube. The steering is also very nice as its an electronic system instead of the hydrolic system of the E or soul. I dont know, my wife is going to drive the cube this weekend and we'll see.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I too am getting the "5 year itch". I am on my second leased Element, love the car but am unsure if I'll get a thrid Element next year when my lease is up.

I love the look of The Cube and also like the fact that you don't see them as much the the Elements. The problem I face will be sacrificing the unbeatable interior/cargo space the Element has with its high roof. I DJ, cart suff around, pack the E chock full on vacations with 2 bikes, wheels ON...INSIDE the car...etc...and have said repeatedly: "Wow....it's a good thing we have an Element". I'll need to caluclate how many times a year I really need that space and give it some thought. The Cube is on my short list as is the Honda Cross Tour, although that is probably way too small for me.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hard to tell how safe a car is by looking at a crumpled up one. It has six airbags and is a top safty pick.

"2010 Nissan cube® rated a Top Safety Pick by IIHS
To become a 2010 Top Safety Pick, a vehicle must earn the highest rating ("Good") in the front, side and rear impact tests performed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, as well as offer electronic stability control."

From the nissan website.

Still thinking about it.
it was the same exact shape, only much smaller. drivers compt. held up pretty good, i don't doubt they're safe. only fwd kills it for me.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The guy I work with the OWNED one loved his quasi moto looking box for about a month, after that he hated the seats, they broke down, made a ton of clunking noises and hated the way it looked. He traded it in after owning it for 3 months and 4k miles.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I looked at one last month when I went to the nissan/kia dealership with my friend so he could buy a Kia Soul. As far the the cube goes....its VERY small. Im exaggerating, but I bet if you took all the seats out of the element, the cube would probably fit inside of it!

Now the soul my friend bought on the other hand; Im very impressed. He got a black exclaim which came standard with sunroof, 18" wheels, bluetooth, nice sound system with Sirius, and the list goes on...all with a MSRP of $18,295. Not to mention for an additional $500 he got the factory 100k warranty extended to a 100k bumper to bumper warranty.

I could have got a soul and had spent almost 6k less than my E. Only issue is....I love Terrence the Element for so many reasons. Mainly because of the AWD. Since 1999 Ive had 5 new cars all of which only 1 of them was non AWD/4X4. Living in snow country, I will NEVER own a front or rear driver again!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes its true, its true. I test drove a cube today and loved it! I more than loved it, I thought it was a life changing experiance. When I returned to the dealership and saw my Mr. Humfrie sitting there I could almost see a tear coming out of his headlight (might have just been the rain). But seriously I did like the nissan cube and love the superior gasmilage it offers, reverse cam, auto a/c controls, pushbutton start and smart key. Even the little zen ripples in the roof. I dont know what to do! What do you guys think? I'll keep you posted.

Oh and I almost forgot I love the CVT transmission! Very smooth!
I traded my Element for a Soul ! last April. It's still a fun car to drive and overall quailty has been great. I still miss my Element though. I think you have already made up your mind. No matter how much you love the Cube,you will miss the Element when it's gone.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Cube is a neat car, but it doesn't have the utility of the E. I've hauled stuff that even amazed me. Perhaps with some mods, you might fall in love all over again.

I've upgraded to SC rim/tires, did the coolant bypass (rarely gets below freezing here), and took out the slack in the throttle cable, and that alone has improved the fun factor.

Next steps will be a short ram intake, ST swaybars, and a tow hitch to make it even more utilitarian and fun to drive.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Speaking of Cubes,a few months back I actually had an older guy pull in front of me at the local car wash and ask me if my E' was a Cube.:?

If you're really liking the Cube that much,I'd say go for it.:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I went and drove it again with my wife and I love it! My wife likes it but says she dosent want to get rid of our E. So its a no go. My E is paid off anyways and I've maintained it very well so might as well enjoy the benifits of being on top of the maintanace from the get go. The cube has many cool features and does drive and handle beter then the E. Its very quiet inside compared to the E and gets much better gas milage. The trade off is no AWD and a little less room and loss of the versitility in turning it into a cargo van. The fit and finish could be a little better as it dosent feel high dollar inside. My Hyundai sonata limited feels much more fancy inside than the cube but thats not really the point of the cube. Great little car if anyone is looking. Looks like we are keeping the E for a while now as the trade in and resale values will drop like a rock soon after I hit 100k and beyond but atleast I dont have to worry about it breaking down.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Well I went and drove it again with my wife and I love it! My wife likes it but says she dosent want to get rid of our E. So its a no go. My E is paid off anyways and I've maintained it very well so might as well enjoy the benifits of being on top of the maintanace from the get go. The cube has many cool features and does drive and handle beter then the E. Its very quiet inside compared to the E and gets much better gas milage. The trade off is no AWD and a little less room and loss of the versitility in turning it into a cargo van. The fit and finish could be a little better as it dosent feel high dollar inside. My Hyundai sonata limited feels much more fancy inside than the cube but thats not really the point of the cube. Great little car if anyone is looking. Looks like we are keeping the E for a while now as the trade in and resale values will drop like a rock soon after I hit 100k and beyond but atleast I dont have to worry about it breaking down.
Your wife is a very smart women.....................

·
Registered
590 Posts
does the cube share a similar platform with any other nissan vehicle? if it's a new launch platform i'd give it a year or two before i'd jump on it. it just doesn't do anything for me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts