Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my beetle is finally going to a new owner, so the wife and I have decided to park a Ridgeline next to the Element in the driveway.....I've been on ebay & craigslist & the roc........ seems that Ridgeline owners don't sell privately so 99% of the RL are for sale at new dealers for a premium.... I found a great cash deal, but the guy is on the west coast.....

so, would you guys keep your eyes peeled for any good ridgeline deals?

pref. white, black, silver or grey...... :-D lmk, pat

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Best of luck in your research! I hope you will get the Ridgie just as you like it.
:023:

Would love to go to the dark side myself, but for now it won't happen. :-(

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Man if you would have been looking a few months ago there were at least four in Duluth at ridiculousy low prices. I came real close to trading off the 03' for an 07' RL with less than 15,000 miles for $18,500.
I will keep a look out for ya. I don't know if you want to go all the way to Minnesota for a deal though.

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
Hey Goosler, I like the rl but I hesitate to buy one because of the very short bed. Will it serve what you need it for? Nice looking. Hung out in some at the National. But I'd like a slightly longer bed. Just wondering and thinking outloud here.
j

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Road trip relay! :razz:
If you hitch a ride from one EOC member across each state on the way you won't have to fly.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
What happened to the minivan plans? LOL In a few years I think we are going to opt for a Pilot. I personally could never drive a minivan:twisted: Of course there will always be at least one E in our driveway.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
What happened to the minivan plans? LOL In a few years I think we are going to opt for a Pilot. I personally could never drive a minivan:twisted: Of course there will always be at least one E in our driveway.
I too was of that opinion....

...BUT now I prefer to have the Ody for long hauls and road trips. It is spacious, tons o' power, solid road feel at 125 mph, and space to waste. I would consider it the most practical and comfortable long-hauler!!! Borrow or rent one for a trip. I blew the doors off several Tahoes and Suburbans up the infamous Grapevine in SoCal. That six is not to be underestimated...

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
^^^ now that sounds like fun!!!! I wonder how far I could get????

I'll be willing to bet that you could get all the way to nw Florida ! :grin:

Dom

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I too was of that opinion....

...BUT now I prefer to have the Ody for long hauls and road trips. It is spacious, tons o' power, solid road feel at 125 mph, and space to waste. I would consider it the most practical and comfortable long-hauler!!! Borrow or rent one for a trip. I blew the doors off several Tahoes and Suburbans up the infamous Grapevine in SoCal. That six is not to be underestimated...
Yes but the Ody isn't 4wd. I live in Upstate NY and I need a vehicle I can drive through a blizzard. We'll have 2 young kids who we plan on putting in hockey which means a lot of traveling in the winter. Looks like the Pilot for us.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yes but the Ody isn't 4wd. I live in Upstate NY and I need a vehicle I can drive through a blizzard. We'll have 2 young kids who we plan on putting in hockey which means a lot of traveling in the winter. Looks like the Pilot for us.
OK, for your situation this may be warranted.

I grew up in the Swiss Alps and have seen my fair share of snow. We never owned anything 4x4 nor do I remember ever mounting chains. We did have sets of snow tires. Our family went skiing every weekend and we kids went toboggan riding regularly from all kinds of odd roads and mountain faces. We never got stuck. It is remarkable how far one can get in a 2WD...
One night after a fresh coat of snow I ended up pulling our neighbor free. He had then the first generation of Audi Quattro, and I had a '78 Accord Hatchback. His floor pan was riding up and all 4 wheels were spinning. 2WD and ground clearance won that night!!!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well....I looked around for Ody's & they are very high priced new, $40k+ for the touring.....and still kinda hot used......most I have seen are pretty beat too, thanks to the slobering kids & the soccer mom's that use them for autocrossing at the walmart & school parking lots.... Still an option though.

As far as the 4wd, I could care less... unless you're driving a 50's Jeep willy's with 4wd & welded diffs, 4wd is useless.....(In my opinion, please don't turn this into an argument) I've been all over & driven in all sorts of severe weather & never found the need for 4wd. My vw's always got me through anything.....

Jurn, the bed is not really a concern for me, although it is a very valid argument... we're looking for a super comfy 4 door vehicle that can haul people comfortably, along with some crap, or tow stuff, etc.... sorta like a dual purpose vehicle....the ridgeline back seat flips up pretty good too & it does have a surprisingly large trunk in the floor of the bed..... we've also got a 5 x 10 utility trailer for all the bigger hauling & if that doesn't work, dad owns a 28' Freightliner with a lift gate......:-D

so, let me know if you guys find anything...... Pat

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Larry, thanks, I saw that.....it's EXACTLY what I am looking for....but kinda pricey though....I'd go new for that kinda payment......thanks for the heads up....

I'm currently doing the math on the one I found out in the seatle area.....

looks like airfare out there is under $150 (jet blue)
temp tag 60 day is $40
fuel for the 2850 miles home, figure $500
2 nights in hotels, $200

current asking price $14,500.....

probably closer to $15,500 once it's home..... lot's of local Ridgies for sale in the $16k range......

seller has clean title in hand & needs to sell....maybe if they would take $11k cash.....or so.....:twisted:

anybody got 4 days they wanna waste with me?? :razz:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
.....As far as the 4wd, I could care less... unless you're driving a 50's Jeep willy's with 4wd & welded diffs, 4wd is useless.....(In my opinion, please don't turn this into an argument) I've been all over & driven in all sorts of severe weather & never found the need for 4wd. My VWs always got me through anything.....

...hey, hey, that was MY line... :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The offer still stands if we can get volunteers for Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho and Washington I will get you across Minnesota.:-D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts