Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know how to rig the sub to work with it.

can I use the factory XM reciver with it?

anyway, I can rig the streeing wheel controls to work with it too. they sell an adapotor for $75. DO i really neeed it??

any one try it with an aftermarket?

thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I know how to rig the sub to work with it.

can I use the factory XM reciver with it?

anyway, I can rig the streeing wheel controls to work with it too. they sell an adapotor for $75. DO i really neeed it??

any one try it with an aftermarket?

thanks!!!

No, the factory XM cannot be used with it.

Steering wheel controls depend on if you like having them or not.....you don't need them.

On a side note.....we have installed a few of those recently (I think crutchfield must be having a deal or something) and they seem to be real laggy. Hopefully you won't experience the same thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Steering wheel controls depend on if you like having them or not.....you don't need them.

On a side note.....we have installed a few of those recently (I think crutchfield must be having a deal or something) and they seem to be real laggy. Hopefully you won't experience the same thing.
thanks for the advice!!

so is the XM in the factory radio unit itself or is it serperate?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
thanks for the advice!!

so is the XM in the factory radio unit itself or is it serperate?
it is in the right rear quarterpanel time as a seperate unit, but it will not work with anything other than the factory headunit. i have one of the new metra/axxess ASWC steering wheel interfaces that i would sell you if you wanted to keep yours working, have to check and make sure the latest firmware works better with the clarion units, if not i have a PAC SWI-PS. pm me if you are interested in either.

·
Registered
71 Posts

whats laggy? not what is laggy but clarify what is lagging :twisted:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
whats laggy? not what is laggy but clarify what is lagging :twisted:

The response time on inputs the GUI and it's actually ability to calculate a route while using the GPS. To be fair, we really didn't have a ton of time to play with it, those were just immediate observations.

I'm an old school Clarion user...I just don't think their newer stuff has the quality and reliability that it had in the late 80's early 90's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ah - I have that exact same unit and so far so good. the gps is far better then my stand alone gps in my work van.

im also an old clarion user and i think is does have some issues but i like it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
ah - I have that exact same unit and so far so good. the gps is far better then my stand alone gps in my work van.

im also an old clarion user and i think is does have some issues but i like it.
Glad to hear it's working fine for you. Maybe the unit(s) we were dealing with were defective. The customers haven't been back, BUT the unit's weren't our product so it really wouldn't be our problem, we just did the install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts