Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there were issues with the fit of the 2008 mats, but I can't seem to find any recent reviews. All of the review threads on this mat seem to be 4 years or older. I have a 2006 EX-P and would like to hear reviews from anyone who has the Elemmat now. Have all of the issues been worked out?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have a full set in my 2008. The only quibble I have is that the drivers side tends to shift sideways a bit. It's just a bit of an annoyance, but I plan on repositioning my Ursa Minor dead pedal over the factory dead pedal. That should work better for both mat and dead pedal for me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have one

I have a full rear one for sale in the trading post for $79 I think.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Haulin' Honda - I was considering an Elemmat then found some rubber mat at Lowe's for $35. About a year and a half later it's working great for gripping any kind of cargo, taking a muddy/snowy beating and keeping my dog comfy. Clean it up and it still looks new. The only drawback to paying less was I had to cut it myself.

Here's the link: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65291&highlight=

I have some rubber Goodyear winter mats in the front

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Haulin' Honda - I was considering an Elemmat then found some rubber mat at Lowe's for $35. About a year and a half later it's working great for gripping any kind of cargo, taking a muddy/snowy beating and keeping my dog comfy. Clean it up and it still looks new. The only drawback to paying less was I had to cut it myself.

Here's the link: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65291&highlight=

I have some rubber Goodyear winter mats in the front
I have considered using one of those rubber mats that go under treadmills. I believe they are made from the same material. Yours looks really good. Was it a pain to make the template? Also, how do you like your Goodyear mats? Do they slide at all? Did you have to trim them? Inquiring minds want to know. :grin:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Was it a pain to make the template?
I just picked up a mat from lowes on the weekend and threw it in the other day. so far i'm REALLY liking the results, and i'm sure my dog appreciates it too.

I didn't make a template, I just lined it up in the back where i wanted it and folded it up against the sides where it needed to be cut and used a olfa knife with a fresh blade to cut it.

In my opinion it worked just fine, although it might not be as tight fitting as using a template.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have considered using one of those rubber mats that go under treadmills. I believe they are made from the same material. Yours looks really good. Was it a pain to make the template? Also, how do you like your Goodyear mats? Do they slide at all? Did you have to trim them? Inquiring minds want to know. :grin:
The template was probably the biggest pain of the project but it wasn't too terrible. I got the Goodyear mats at AutoZone (Goodyear GY6302) in black. They did slide a bit but they fit awsome with no trimming. I bought some 'bumpy' no slip sponge shelf liner and cut the shape of each mat out of it (trace mat over the shelf liner). Clean the floor thoroughly, lay down the shelf liner then set the mat of top of that so it hides the shelf liner. That cures the sliding real well - they stick like glue. They slide to adjust with no weight on them but when you try to slide them with your feet - it's not going to happen.

I just picked up a mat from lowes on the weekend and threw it in the other day. so far i'm REALLY liking the results, and i'm sure my dog appreciates it too...
Cool!!!

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may just try this idea of doing it myself. I will probably make a template though. I am thinking about using a mat like this. http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Home/item.cfm?id=3048

I already have a 4' x 6' mat like this (that I got for much cheaper at Scheels sporting goods store) that I use for my weights. I think it would work perfect. Hopefully, I can find another one there.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
***Update***

Well, making a template turned out to be more work (pain in the ass) than I cared to deal with. :twisted: So, I just decided to order the Elemmat. I have my fingers crossed. I ordered the mat for the back and also the cubby holder inserts to keep my ipod and sunglasses from sliding around. I ended up getting the Goodyear all weather front mats and they fit really well. I think they will hold the snow and water better than the Elemmat fronts would have. I will have an update when I get the Elemmat and give you my review.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Let me know what you think of the Elemmat - I've been leaning toward the OEM mats but I really do like the fact that the rear Elemmat covers the entire rear area for times when I have the rear seats out or folded up and am hauling cargo.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Let me know what you think of the Elemmat - I've been leaning toward the OEM mats but I really do like the fact that the rear Elemmat covers the entire rear area for times when I have the rear seats out or folded up and am hauling cargo.
Covering the entire back is what made my final decision to get the Elemmat. I am in a band and haul gear in all kinds of weather. I did however buy the Goodyear all weather floor mats for the front. My reason is that they are 2 pieces instead of 1. I feel that they will be easier to take out without getting sand and dirt all over when cleaning the car. They are also pretty deep so they will collect water and snow.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi, it's Tony with www.Elemmat.com the Murdock Industrial website.

Not sure what was going on with the non-fitting mat, but we do have a 100% return policy - in case you're not happy with the mat or we made it wrong... but it's kindof hard to make them wrong - we have dies made to die stamp the mats which cost us about $850 for each style change and they are dead on.

I did see a few orders over the last two days - and we have had a 1 business day turnaround from time of order. The mat is considered 3/16" thick and the weight of the mats are IMHO the right combination of form, fit and functionality.

We're still doing quite a lot of these and if anyone out there can chime in please do :) What's really interesting is that the elemmat for the Honda Elemmat is still outselling the Kia Soul mat 4 to 1 at this time... but the Element is such a practical vehicle for cargo, it kindof makes sense too.

Just to show the dies that we cut these from - I took a picture in the back...

Drive safe, have a great day!
Tony

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I ordered my Elemmat late Sunday and received it Thursday. So, the ordering and the shipping process was really fast.:) The fit is perfect! I have been working a lot this week so I'll give my full review after a while so I can test it out. So far, so good though.:-D

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Let me know what you think - I'm leaning toward going this route for the rear area. How far forward does the mat extend under the front seats?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Let me know what you think - I'm leaning toward going this route for the rear area. How far forward does the mat extend under the front seats?
Mine slips under them a fair bit. No binding on anything I can tell. It truly fits like a glove!

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Elemmat follows the exact contour of the original plastic throughout the entire back. So, however far that goes, so does the Elemmat. I will post pictures too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts