Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my birthday is in a week and I get my license. My dad gave me his 2005 Honda Element EX and the first thing I want to do is upgrade the sound system. I'm planning on putting at least $600 and at most $1000. My E has a 7 speaker audio system. Any ideas? I've been looking and the JL Audio Stealth Sub, some Alpine Type-X and Type-R Subs and Sony Xplod's. For front, rear and tweeters, I've been looking at mostly just alpine sets; anyone looks good. For the head unit I'm looking at Pioneer, Kenwood and Alpine. I don't know which speakers to choose because I really don't know what I'm looking at! If you guys could give me some help to point me in the right direction that whould be greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys!

Pianoman3182

·
Registered
13 Posts
I work for Kenwood so I'm a little bias but as long as you stick with Kenwood, Alpine, or Pioneer you should be good. JL makes good subs, and for front/rears I would throw in some Boston Accoustics. All good stuff.

·
Registered
877 Posts
You'll probably get a bunch of different opinions on what people would recommend. Part of it is what you really want to accomplish.

In my experience the best head units I've had were eclipse or pioneer premier. I've had outstanding experiences with Elemental Designs speakers and amps (although they've quit manufacturing amps, so after what they have in stock sells, no more amps...). Another thing to consider is buying used. The main places I'll buy used from are here, the eD forum, diymobileaudio.com, and Car Audio Forum. You can run speakers off the head unit, but as soon as I installed an amp on my full ranges, I realized I could never go back. You could get a 4 channel amp and put the front two channels on your full ranges and bridge the rear to the sub, or get a 2 or 4 channel amp for your full ranges and get a monoblock for your subs.

Are you planning to do the install yourself, or are you going to take it to an installer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for posting comments it helped a lot. Right now I went with two JL Audio 10in subs in a ported box with a JL Audio J2 500.1 amp. In the dash I have an Alpine IVA-W505 Head Unit and new Alpine component system with tweeters. The rear speakers I left the same cause my dad had already installed some nice pioneer speaker. Eventually though, maybe around Christmas I'm looking to upgrade even more cause I'm really into this and would even consider competing eventually! Thanks for the responses though!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for posting comments it helped a lot. Right now I went with two JL Audio 10in subs in a ported box with a JL Audio J2 500.1 amp. In the dash I have an Alpine IVA-W505 Head Unit and new Alpine component system with tweeters. The rear speakers I left the same cause my dad had already installed some nice pioneer speaker. Eventually though, maybe around Christmas I'm looking to upgrade even more cause I'm really into this and would even consider competing eventually! Thanks for the responses though!
Post a pic of your Alpine in the dash. I am looking at the INA-W900

·
Registered
565 Posts
Here is a link to another thread about posting which speakers you put in your E so other people can see their options. If you get a chance you should definitely list your setup:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2516&page=29

Congrats on the E...the price was definitely right!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Which dash kit did you use? I am looking at the Scosche Kit. Looks much more solid than the Metra.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no idea what kind of kit they used :| They just installed one for me that was free or came with the Alpine IVA-W505.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have no idea what kind of kit they used :| They just installed one for me that was free or came with the Alpine IVA-W505.
Oh, I thought you did the install yourself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As for subs I would say stay away from anything that you can buy at Best Buy etc. Look into DC audio, Sundown audio, digital designs, RD audio etc. they all have a great sub for under 400. I have an 18 RE audio SX in mine and love it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts