Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I bought my first Element. After almost three months of searching and doing research, I bought a 2011 Element EX, FWD, in Alabaster Silver Metallic (why can't the just call it simply "silver"? lol). It has 112k miles and according to the Carfax, no accidents, no salvage, and over 20 service jobs.

Here are a few pictures:

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Tire

Vehicle Car Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Font

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Font Metal

Sooo... when I saw that the car had XM Radio in the sound system, I thought it was just compatible with XM and I needed to create an account. So it turns out it is already "activated" (I noticed the sticker on the window after I took the pictures 馃槄), so that is amazing. Does anyone know if that's a permanent feature or just something temporary? Although the car is 11 years old so I take it XM activation will be there for as long I keep the original sound system.

Anyway, I'm so excited I finally got an Element and I can't wait to buy accesories for it and begin my little adventures. The car will be my "Element of fun", tah-dum TSSS! (Sorry, I couldn't resist 馃槄)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: XM, all EXs since 2005 came with XM ready stock head units. The sticker is probably just an advertisement put on there when new, but the XM service is actually a subscription. Possible that the dealer either gave you some free months or the previous owner hasn't terminated the subscription yet.

This car looks brand new from the top. Great buy if the structure is good.
Ahhhh ok. Once the XM ends then I'll start looking to replace the sound system with a Kenwood sound system with Android and Pandora integration. Perhaps even install an aftermarket back up camera.

And yeeesss it does look like brand new. I'm so happy I found this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts