Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to have stumbled into this site! :) Nice!

Yeah, I've been leasing a yellow Saturn SC2 3-door coupe for the last 3 years, but my lease is up on April 26th. I've got a down payment/deposit in on a Sunset Orange EX at my local dealer... just waiting for it to arrive! :)

I'm so hyped to have a car I can tote my drums and music gear in for gigs, plus the nice sound system and a jack for an MP3 player... guess I gotta buy one of those! Hehehe...

Normally I'm not an SUV person, but something about the chunky-funky personality of the Element just grabbed me. Can't wait to get it on the road...

Drew

www.electronicscene.com/arothman
www.mp3.com/arothman
www.1sound.com/andrewrothman
www.arothman.com

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm with you. I test loaded my five-piece acoustic set and added my electronics. There was still space leftover for my congas when I reloaded in a different configuration.

This will be a drummer's dream machine, big and cheap to own/operate.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Funny - I'm a drummer too but I hadn't even thought about the E for gigging - truth be told though I don't gig too much anymore - I even sold my acoustic kit in favor of an electric in order to keep my neighbors friendly.

Here's a couple pictures of my kit in my basement "drum room" (sorry for the thread drift)...

Cheers!
->eMass

·
Registered
352 Posts
Drew - I'm with you. I have never gone for Sport -Utes because i have always driven sports/sporty cars. But there was just this unexplainable attraction to this funky little car. So far, the best buy i have ever made.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:312560b3fc="eMass"]
Here's a couple pictures of my kit in my basement "drum room" (sorry for the thread drift)...
Cheers!
->eMass[/quote:312560b3fc]

Hey eMass... what kind of kit is that? Doesn't look like the V-Drums, but looks like the Roland brain module...

I'm hauling a late 1980s Pearl Export, and occasionally a Yamaha Acoustisonic Amp. :)

Drew

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:48623e1776="Drew"]

Hey eMass... what kind of kit is that? Doesn't look like the V-Drums, but looks like the Roland brain module...

I'm hauling a late 1980s Pearl Export, and occasionally a Yamaha Acoustisonic Amp. :)

Drew[/quote:48623e1776]

It's a Pintech set-up with a Roland TD-8 brain and my Gibraltar rack from my old acoustic set - I find the Pintech stuff to be even better than the vdrum hardware and it's about 1/3rd of the cost.

Here's the Pintech web site: http://www.edrums.com/drumkits.htm
And here's the online store where I buy the stuff cheap: http://www.1ie-drums.com/

Enjoy!
->eMass

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice... never even heard of that company! Guess I'll have to check it out. A buddy of mine left his V-Drums in my care when he moved to Omaha, but until I move to a new place (this summer) I don't have room to set 'em up. :)

Here's a shot of my kit... this is from Halloween '01 - normally I don't wear a dress and a wig! Lol...

Drew

·
Registered
957 Posts
jdef - I love the title of your last post - Gig E (just like the slang for gigabit ethernet).

That would actually be a good basis for an ad campaign...

Pictures associated with the words like.

Gig E - with band equipment
Mom E - complete with kids
Dog E - well um, dogs.

Anyway - you get the point. :D

->eMass

·
Registered
6 Posts
8) boom boom in the room, i'm a DJ and the E is the ride. Excellent stock radio system, i have a archos 20GB mp3 recorder that pumps the tunage to the jack in the dash. I make a mix on my pc and listen rollin down the pavenment. Plus you players doing gigs, lots of room in the back with the seats gone, i lay down some carpet and put my sound system in from the back and sides.. .... wonderful element :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow... guess there are a lot of us musician types in here :) I am still deciding on MP3 options... not sure yet. In the meantime, I've prepared a special "Elemental" mix CD to play on my first drive from the dealer. It's mainly electronica and other teched-out stuff for trying out that sub! Here's what's on it:

1 Ug - Mr. Scruff
2 I Hate Everybody - DJ Punk Roc
3 Start The Commotion - The Wiseguys (yeah, I know that's Mitsubishi, but it's a damn good track for driving!)
4 Delirium (Fila Brazilia Mix) - Euphoria
5 Jam - Michael Jackson
6 Bombs Over Baghdad - Outkast
7 Foregone Destruction - Unreal Tournament Soundtrack
8 St. Louise is Listening - Soul Coughing
9 Caravan - John Buzon Trio (Eat Static Remix)
10 Brown Paper Bag - Roni Size / Reprazent
11 Realization - Unknown Source
12 Rehumanize Yourself - The Police
13 Panama - Van Halen
14 The Holy Egoism of Genius - The Art of Noise
15 Climbatize - The Prodigy

I'm almost as excited about the stereo as I am about the car :)

Drew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts