Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...of tracking my mileage! I'm tired of looking at my trip meter and the position of the fuel guage. I'm tired of driving like I'm in a hyper-miler contest. Tired of getting my receipt and punching numbers on a calculator. I know what my E gets per gallon by now. I mostly drive short trips all over town (I love doing tight U turns!) and get around 18/19 city mpg and I have broken 20 city mpg and have dipped into 17 mpg in the winter. So, I know the E's potential if I want bragging rights to not-too-bad fuel economy. Now I just want to drive it 'normally' and enjoy it. I'm not talking driving it like I stole it but I promised myself to lighten up a little and just drive it and enjoy it. Anyone else with me? :razz:

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My whole obsession started when I sold an Avalanche that I loved and I was trying to justify downsizing. College and braces for the kids meant a more economical vehicle. The E has proved itself over and over again that it sips gas even on it's worst tank compared to the Avalanche. The Ave had a 31 gallon fuel tank so it would go a lot farther on a tank than the E but that's after dropping twice the $$ to fill it. It was pretty much 14 city/19 hwy. I had pipes on it so throttle romping was pretty habitual. So, now that I've had the E about 9 months I think I'm finally over the giant Chevy. Hey I had a big vehicle with plastic panels so at least I can have those :) . I am having fun driving the E and seriously I can't see much if any difference in mileage vs nursing the throttle before (not that I'm checking) :roll:

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, my first "fun/relaxed" tank I needed 11.76 gallons to replace 223.7 miles since the last fillup. About 2 miles with the low fuel light on. This was lot's of passing (but I wasn't a jerk), almost all a/c driving and 100% in town trips. I did have fun driving and am s'pose to be not obsessing so I won't even do the mpg math for the above numbers...

:lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.