Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo hoo! A change in some plans and a passing thought yesterday morning has blossomed into a 2 night camping trip in Mississippi with my 7 year old daughter this weekend. After a brief clean out and clean up of the Beast (my beloved E's nickname), an oil change, and throwing in basics...it's iff to MS tonight. Then to Flint Creek for a couple of nights with meetings planned with some old childhood friends and family.

Can't wait! First camping experience for my oldest daughter. We'll be in a "bunkhouse" to begin the initiation of the experience. With any luck, she'll take to it and maybe come along to some EOC rallies in the future.

Whew...I have absolutely nothing for gear these days. Will be livin' and learnin' on supplies this weekend.

If I somehow manage to find access, will post some pics during the trip.

Have a good weekend all!

·
Registered
575 Posts
So jealous! Have a great time!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Safely home...

Camping, rowboat, water slide park, swimming, a little offroading, lots of good eating, and about 1200 miles later...we're safely home.

The E did well for all the hauling and driving. Unfortunately, this morning a developing slow tire leak resulted in a fully flat tire this morning. At least it held up for the trip! But I really hate these OEM Wranglers more and more. Also, the little chirping is remaining and it will be a trip to the shop soon where hopefully I hear of them successfully ridding the noise under warranty. She's due for the 30k maintenance, too.

Pics to come shortly...and thanks for the well wishes!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics of the MS adventure

Finaly put the disposable camera's in for processing...here's a few highlights of what was a whirlwind of a trip. But my oldest daughter and I had a great time...and now she's wants to do some more! (Even better, I now have official new reasons to proceed with buying a canoe finally!)

1st day: Arriving at the bunkhouse, unpacking, and headed for the lake/boats

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pics of the MS adventure #2

Bunkhouse back porch...decent view of a part of the lake

Boating in the rain...as soon as we had finished loading the fishing gear and cast off in the boat, it poured! I mean, down to the second...but it's all good as my daughter shows and we were greeted with a rainbow when it slacked up.

2nd day we met up with dear old friend of mine and and his son and went to a big water park in Collins, MS. Dang disposable camera doesn't show the whole impressive view of being at the top of that 3 1/2 story slide...lots of fun, we shut that place down by evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics of the MS adventure #3...last ones

1st pic: Stop at Grandma's on MS Coast for breakfast and time to clean up a bit for the drive back to Texas

2nd pic: West bound and down, loaded up and truckin'...

3rd pic: Back in TX, slow leak waited until we got home safely to finally give up and go flat...someone was watching over us a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics, your kiddo is a real cutie:)
Flats at home are best, I had one Monday, ran over a nail:mad: thats my second nail --way too much construction around here.
Thanks for the kiddo comment...yep, we figure we'll keep her and her two younger sisters around for a bit longer.

Nails...just lov'em. But doesn't it feel good to have some of that construction moving things forward out there?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Nice pictures !
I was gonna say you looked to young to drive until Jojo pointed out that was your kiddo........................

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice pictures !
I was gonna say you looked to young to drive until Jojo pointed out that was your kiddo........................
She's the official model for all pics. I could include some pics of me but it really ruins the whole pleasant vibe thing.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Great pics of your trip. Often impromptu trips are the best - unexpected - a sense of freedom - a feeling of escape - mischievious - beating the system - oh, oh, I'm outta here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts