Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a connector that fits into the V connector of the in-dash fuse box? I have connectors going to V3 and V4 and the V3 keeps slipping off whenever I go over big bumps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Need Help Identifying Fuse-Box Connector

I am installing a brake-controller and would like to use the "only hot when key turned in ignition" outlet found on the inside fuse box (see photo):

Does anyone know where I can get the plug that goes into that outlet, or what it would be called? Or does anyone know another way to tie into that outlet?

Or would an "Add-a-Circuit" be simpler? If so, anyone know which fuse would work best? I need the power on only when the car is turned on.

Thank you.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
You might be able to use one of the pigtails discussed in the wiper delay thread, i.e., Honda p/n 04320-SP0-A00 or 04320-SP0-B00. Not a V connector per se, but might work to connect a wire to one of the three tangs.

Honda doesn't list the connectors separately. A junkyard donor would provide one, though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks -- I have decided to (gasp!) follow Tekonsha's directions and directly wire the brake controller through the firewall. It's a bit of a bother but will probably take less time and hassle than trying to figure out a safe and secure way to tie-in to the mystery connector.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks -- I have decided to (gasp!) follow Tekonsha's directions and directly wire the brake controller through the firewall. It's a bit of a bother but will probably take less time and hassle than trying to figure out a safe and secure way to tie-in to the mystery connector.

Thanks again.
UPDATE: I did install the brake controller through the firewall, and it was pretty easy, within a couple hours working by myself I had both the positive and negative wires through an existing grommet and connected to the battery along with a circuit breaker. Hardest part of doing the entire install was splicing into the brake pedal wire -- hard to work at that angle up under the dash even with a quick splice connector.

Installing a brake controller is not hard to do and I think anyone who does basic work on their cars would be able to do it over the course of a day working at a leisurely pace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts