Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find any official announcements from Honda regarding the 2004 Elements. I wonder what big changes could be in store for 04. Is it possible that they want to be tight lip so the dealers can unload the 03's at premium pricing so buyers wont sit on the fence for 3 months?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess to me big changes may be different than to others. "Big changes" may include STANDARD side impact air bags or side airbags with head protection would even be better. That would make a few heads turn and even wait a few months to purchase a new E I would think, (in my opinion.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I'm not the original poster but I'm interested in the answer too. I'm thinking about joining the E club but I have a feeling that the body panels may be removed in the upcoming models in one or two years.

Anyone has any idea if this is true or not? Or does anyone have an idea when a facelift will occur?

Thank you. :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:eb406eec2b="rabbit"]Thanks for the responses. I'm not the original poster but I'm interested in the answer too. I'm thinking about joining the E club but I have a feeling that the body panels may be removed in the upcoming models in one or two years.

Anyone has any idea if this is true or not? Or does anyone have an idea when a facelift will occur?

Thank you. :D[/quote:eb406eec2b]

I doubt, very seriously, that Honda will be removing the body panels on future E's. These panels are one of the major visual and structural components on the E. Without these panels, the E looks much to standard and similar to other crossover SUVs. This is my personal opinon only, of course.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I hope they don't remove the body panels which make the vehicle look distinctive. Without them, it does indeed look just like the rest of the crowd.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Rumor thus far says SOP will be discont'd and for sure there is a new blue called Fiji Blue replacing current ebp. With all the flap over SABs and IIHS, expect SABs standard on EX, optional on DX. Body panels? No way, Jose. They will not change this.

I say get your E now! I just got mine five days ago after researching it for 3 months. It ROCKS! :mrgreen:

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! That was very helpful. I saw the new blue body panels on a Honda brochure. I believe these are slated to arrive in Winter 03? If I were to get a E, I may wait until then. :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:99ec609f51="checkyoursix"]Is it possible that they want to be tight lip so the dealers can unload the 03's at premium pricing so buyers wont sit on the fence for 3 months?[/quote:99ec609f51]

Yes. It's a conspiracy. It's actually an X-File. You have exposed the sinister plot. They'll have to come up with another nefarious plan now.

:roll:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where can I view that new color combo you are speaking of (Silver w/blue panels)? Sounds like the 77' Triumph Bonneville Silver Jubilee (Silver with a blue seat)!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Here it is, but this was just the prototype - there are no blue panels in production.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Besides the announced color change with the discontinuation of the Eternal Blue Pearl and the introduction of Fiji Blue I kinda doubt there will be any changes, especially with the success of the Element as is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just out of curiousity, does the rumor about eliminating the SOP begin with the 2004's or is it something in the making now?

(I'm hoping it's for the former - I'm really an orange kinda person...)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If they made different coloured panels, we could all go out and buy extras to swap 'em out and mix and match. I got the SSM, so any colour panel'd look good. Hey Honda! You listening? I want some red panels! And maybe some puke green panels! I gotta be me!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Maybe they will come out with the new and popular "phlegm" mustard puke color like the Forester, liberty and Grand Vitara.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do appreciate everyone’s input but I still have not received the true answer that I have been looking for. There have been a few of you that have given your comments but no actual data sheet or quotable Honda press release on the 2004 Honda Element. I don’t believe this is a X-file conspiracy as one of the 1200 viewers have suggested but I do find it odd that in about 3 months the dealers will be taking deliveries of these vehicles and no one will talk about what actual changes are in store for the 04.

·
Registered
156 Posts
[quote:e7a5991371="checkyoursix"]I do appreciate everyone’s input but I still have not received the true answer that I have been looking for. There have been a few of you that have given your comments but no actual data sheet or quotable Honda press release on the 2004 Honda Element. I don’t believe this is a X-file conspiracy as one of the 1200 viewers have suggested but I do find it odd that in about 3 months the dealers will be taking deliveries of these vehicles and no one will talk about what actual changes are in store for the 04.[/quote:e7a5991371]

Sorry, Kim was closer to the X-truth than you may realize...Honda really does ON PURPOSE stay tight-lipped on model changes, duh. For the exact reason you are asking -- and for the same reason companies like Apple are tight-lipped about product upgrades -- they don't want the current pipeline to freeze, and thus current sales to freeze. This is Business 101, nothing to get worked up over. We all are as anxious as you to know what's in store...but we won't know most likely until they're IN THE STORE. 'Til then, all you have are rumors. So let's start a new one: I hear the EX's will ship with 40gb iPods! :roll: :wink:

Steve

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:fb1490ff32="checkyoursix"]I do appreciate everyone’s input but I still have not received the true answer that I have been looking for. There have been a few of you that have given your comments but no actual data sheet or quotable Honda press release on the 2004 Honda Element. I don’t believe this is a X-file conspiracy as one of the 1200 viewers have suggested but I do find it odd that in about 3 months the dealers will be taking deliveries of these vehicles and no one will talk about what actual changes are in store for the 04.[/quote:fb1490ff32]

You assume:
(1) that someone here has the Truth that you're seeking and is withholding it from you;
(2) that press releases or data sheets about upcoming model changes, not new models, are the norm for Honda and/or the industry;
and
(3) that there will be actual substantive changes for the 04 model.

Facts:
(1) Honda rolled out 2 new models this year - Element and Pilot.
(2) Honda makes major revisions to its cars about every 5 years
(3) It has already been discussed elsewhere that Eternal Blue Pearl is being discontinued and the new blue is called Fiji Blue. There's your change.

Opinions:
(1) It would surprise me greatly if Honda messed with the success of the Element. They might scale their production more toward EX than DX which seems to be selling better, but they've got a winner on their hands.
(2) It would surprise me greatly if Honda had not seriously researched the Pilot and the Element and made decisions they will stick with for awhile on their design, features, production, accessories and sales. Little tweaks - yes. Big changes worthy of press releases, etc. - no.

None of the above conclusively negates your 'they're being tight-lipped' theory, but then IMHO, neither do these facts support your assumptions or your theory.

And of course, I still think it's an X-File. X-Files are cool because Skinner, Mulder and Doggett are hawt and Scully is a smart redhead who kicks @ss.

·
Registered
20 Posts
okay...I don't necessarily care about the changes, I'm more interested in when the 04's will start to sell. I'm looking to order an E but don't want to if the delivery date will be around the time the 04's come out.

So, does anyone have any idea on when the 04's will start to show up on the showroom floors?

Thanks.

b

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, the Element was a late fall/early winter release for '03; and my '03 S2000 showed up on 11/10/03 at my dealer -- and it was one of the first '03s off the line (#842) -- but it was built in Nippon -- so I'd count on November at latest for '04 Element, but October at earliest. What are you ordering? You might be better off just buying via a good dealer like supaaman on this forum to locate what you want -- that way, less or no wait...the only challenge I think you may find is if you want a 5spd EX with SABs.

Good luck!
Steve

1 - 20 of 31 Posts