Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So any members heading to the race? I landed 4 tickets and plan on making a day trip out of it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Dom.Five and I will be attending. We have gone almost every year since 1980. Not sure what date we are arriving. Probably Thursday. We stay on the northeast side of Indy

Our seats in the sw vista section 8. We have had these seats for about 5 years. Plus we have a parking pass for lot 3G across the street from the track.

I grew up in Indy. Let us know your travel plans and where your seats are.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will. I know the place is huge but if we are able to meet up at least to say hey we should.

I should be finding out my seat locations today. I bought them from a charity auction a couple of weeks ago for next to nothing and they were donated by the president of Valvoline. They say they are pretty good seats, but I have been to the track and from an Indy/oval track set up unless you on on the corner the seats are all about the same.

I went to the speedway for the last US Grand Prix and had a blast. We are going to have to look into parking once we find out our tickets.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Seat configuration Here ! Would love to see you. We also were there for the Grand Prix. I thought I saw you. :grin: I think Snuffelapogus will be joining us this year. Parking is a madhouse! You may consider parking down town, and taking Indy Go to the track.

Hold got information on that. I'll get you the link.

Nice ! No bus service to the track ! See the link! Stopped by the government! If you can believe that !

Dom

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course they aren't running the bus service.:x:roll:

Thanks for checking.

I was sitting across from the pit exit for the USGP just before turn one of the GP circuit, or just passed turn 4 on the Indy route.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I think our first year at the track was 1973, we sat in what is now the pits. They were no buildings inside as there are now. Next year we sat in turn 4. Then in turn 3. We had seats at the start finish line and hated them one year. Then we discovered turn one. We now have seats in the south west vista. We can see part of the front strait, all of turn one, the short shoot, and all of turn 2. Best seats we have had ! In fact Milka crashed in front of us ( that's what she usually does ) . I'll see if I can find a Photo.
IMG_1602.jpg

They were trying to get her out of the car in this Photo.

Dom

·
Registered
33 Posts
we're going. heading out Friday morning thru Monday morning. not sure of tix yet.
staying at a Holiday Inn express around 65? says about 5 mi from city center.

·
Registered
873 Posts
hey sounds like were going to have a great time !!!cant waight to see all of you.
Ill be sitten in the first row with my racing uniform on between the recliner and the love seat.not far from the refreshments & food. I miss it so much I want to cry. but I reckon thats why they made souround sound & big speakers. Have a great time,have fun,have a safe trip!!! Ill be waching for you.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my seats are in the Paddock Penthouse box 43 row B. Not too bad, not on a corner but a good view of the pits.

As for parking I just reserved a spot in lot 8. Not many pay lots left to choose from but for only $20 and just across the street it's not bad. Just need to remember that there is absolutely NO rush to leave.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Been going since '89. Our seats are in the Paddock Box just past the "yard of bricks." There are six of us, so the Element has never made the trip. We usually come over from So. Illinois the morning of and park in the Speedway Library lot ($10 last several years).

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Oh This is beginning to smell like a Meet to me !

We need to set a time and place. Like on the outside of the track. As opposed to inside the track . The Race track that is. But inside the compound. The inside part near Fan fest and the Museum Is too busy to find each other. Some place inside the fence, Near the south end of the track. Looks like most seats are mid track to south end. It's about a mile from the Paddock Box seats. and about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from my seats. Some place near the tunnel on 16th street. That's gate #2. I think you go in at gate 6.

We come in fall creek to collage to 16th street. Then walk about a mile and 1/2 to our seats.

Anyone else have another Idea ?
I do go inside before the race to have the racing Radio loaded, with the frequency's. That's located behind the pits and the tower. To the south side of the road leading from the garage area to the track.

I think lot 8 is at Geotgetown road and 25th street. That's L long walk, but only 4 sections from my seats. We are in lot #3 the grass section. Over the years it has proven the best to get out of, after the race.

Dom

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like that could be the best idea yet. I will be parked at lot 8 which is down G-town Rd, it's a small lot and will probably do a little tailgating there before the race.

I look forward to finally making it a meet!!! even if it is an impromptu meet.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Snuff,Patty,and I are at Indye's house.

We are waiting for Chozen To show up for lunch.

We need to make plans to meet at the track, Soon.

Dom

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
We went to the track yesterday and walked through the garage and fanfest areas. Got a chance to see some real cool stuff.

Pictures so far at Indy.

IMG_0687.JPG IMG_0691.JPG IMG_0694.JPG IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0711.JPG

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Last set. Check out Dom in that Corvette!

IMG_0728.JPG IMG_0730.JPG IMG_0734.JPG IMG_0736.JPG IMG_0738.JPG

·
Registered
366 Posts
Wow, great pics. I'd like to attend the 500 some day.

I did manage to make the inaugural Grand Prix of Alabama back in April at Barber Motorsports Park. Nice track but narrow since it was built for motorcycles. Saturday was Grand Am racing and Sunday was Indy Car.

It was a great weekend.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts