Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums and see that a lot of people have used the Infinity Kappa series to replace the front and rear door speakers. I checked the speakers that fit sticky and found one person say that he was able to mount the Infinity Kappa 62.9IS in the front doors. They are the shallow mount so I figure they will fit. My real question is how (where) to mount the external crossover. Anyone who has mounted these speakers got any tips or suggestions?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have searched the forums and see that a lot of people have used the Infinity Kappa series to replace the front and rear door speakers. I checked the speakers that fit sticky and found one person say that he was able to mount the Infinity Kappa 62.9IS in the front doors. They are the shallow mount so I figure they will fit. My real question is how (where) to mount the external crossover. Anyone who has mounted these speakers got any tips or suggestions?
I have the kappas just not the components. The magnet fit very well inside the door only problem im having is the tweeter hits the speaker cover so eventually im going to half to get a set of components to replace the front and put the others in the rear doors. I would mount the crossover inside the car in the kick panel or behind the glove box. You can either splice into the factory harness or run new wires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post. I debated over getting the Kappas or the Polk db651s. In the end I went with the Polks. I have to admit that the 2ohms controversy when running infinity speakers of a HU and not an amp was the deciding factor. I just installed the Polks last night and they were a simple install and sound great! I really don't think I could have gone wrong either way but the sale on the Polks also helped the decision.

Now on to the subwoofer :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts