Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-How does it cost?
-How doest it feel?(smooth ride or hard bump?)
-Do i have anything else to buy and instal? ex: coil + camber etc...
-Anyone know a good place near montreal that install it?
-Does a complete kit with strut bar would be a great option? ($$$)

tanx guys ....i looked for info but didn t really found what i was looking for...some info but no price.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Eibachs are a great springs for domestic cars, they dont really focus well on foriegn, even though E's are made in ohio. They are known to sag a little in the rear, are bouncy, and too stiff. Also, your struts will blow out about every 1 to 2 years, no aftermarket struts that are easy bolt on will last. You can use the RSX koni strut inserts with modifications, look to the koni inserts post in the performance section. Honestly, you are better off going with a bolt on coilover system. There are the Teins, about $1100 if you find a good deal new. Also, if you go into the Group Buy section, we are getting KSport to make us new coilover system that is fully compression and dampning adjustable so you can tune your ride(teins are not). With a coilover system, you can adjust the ride height to your desire plus if you have a stereo system or carry a lot of weight all the time or a trailer, you can pre adjust them for that, its nice. If you are interested in the Ksports, the are in the stages of being built, we have another 3 to 6 weeks left, thats going off what ksport gave us as a time line, unless there is snags. I cannot post the price up in here, you can pm me or NismoGriff for that, there are 2 sets left at a 1 time amazing price. I am not trying to deture you from eibachs, they just cost a lot over a time.
Hope I helped a little.
Steve

Oh yea, you would also need front camber kit and rear camber arms for the Eibachs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
omg!

omg that's a lot of things to consider ....i tought eibach were better than tein cause i heard a lot of people that had probs with tein(rubing and grinding) and i tought that ajustable suspension was even worst ..humm ...i dont have any trailer but i play hockey and im a goalie so once or twice a week i have to carry my bag that is not lightweight. I could be interested in the ksports suspension but im in canada...will they make the shiping?do they have a good garantie? i mean i don t know this product and i really don t want any truble and i really need a good confortable ride but a little lower than stock height. does the sc suspension would be a good option?i think it is not much lower than what i have right? anyway i'm a little confused right now but if you could pm me for the price of the ksports it could be interesting and i ll get the money in about a month so :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
"Eibachs are a great springs for domestic cars, they dont really focus well on foriegn, even though E's are made in ohio."

Huh? Eibach is a VERY well known and reputable spring company that makes springs for both foreign and domestic cars. They have an excellent reputation with all makes and models.

My advice to the OP is to look around and try to get the actual spring rates before you buy is my recommendation. This will give you more information about the springs to be able to make an educated decision. Coilovers usually use much stiffer springs than simple lowering springs. Any lowered car will have a bouncier, stiffer ride (unless you put better shocks on, in which case it will just be stiffer).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's what i tough ...i wanted to go with eibach first of all cause of their reputation,how big they are,a lot of racing team choose them and people here that have them dont have anything wrong to say about it!
i had a 96 nissan sentra and i had cheap coil over spring to lower it not that much and it does ride so ruff , so hard but i tought it was cause the coil was not really good and its a car so it s already lower than a element.anyway im looking for a real good place in montreal ,Qc,Canada to give me some good advice/sell and install the suspension.but nobody seem to know one here?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I know they are a great company, I run the Pro-kit on my camaro. Im not saying they are bad in any way, just from experience and other people I have talkef to, it seems to be a concensus that imports have more issues with sagging and front to rear differences, but its not all true just for imports, look at all the problemspeople have with sagging on the 94-96 Impala SS/Caprice b-body chassis, they all complain about it. I am not a pro, but I have a lot of background in racing and building cars, it is also just my opinion, I live them pn my camaro, they sit perfect, have never settled or sagged even after tons of abuse, now my buddies 99 civic si, his sagged an extra 3/8" lower than the front and he didnt have any stereo equiptment, it just may be his were made on a friday.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's ok tanx for your advice you just prove me that i ll have to take my time and ask questions

·
Registered
152 Posts
Eibachs are excellent aftermarket springs. From personal experience, I have had them on my S2000 and my Prelude (before that) and never had any problems with them. They are progressive springs that adapt to vehicle movement - softer at lower speeds and stiffen up when taking fast corners. They are more suited to sporty and sports cars though, and that's why I put H&R Sports on the Element (less drop, less harsh and smoother ride).

·
Registered
541 Posts
i'll tell you the little i know about suspension....

i've had Eibach ground control coilovers (w/tokico adjustables).
i've had Tein h-tech springs (w/tokico adjustables).
i now have Tein coilovers in my Lexus.

both have there plus' and negatives...
-springs are cheaper & the ride is much softer(which is nice for a DD).
-SOME springs do have rear sag... but this depends on what spring on what car IMO. In my 02 maxima i had Tein H-tech with NO rear sag. Bt many people on maxima.org who ran springs such as eibachs or H&R's DID. My suggestion to you is to ask fellow EOC members for pics of their elements dropped on different set-ups.

-coilovers are fully adjustable & great for an aggressive stance & also great performance capabilities.
-coilovers are more more expensive than springs & have a "stiffer" ride.
It seams to me you are looking for a moderate drop with a smoother, rather than stiffer ride without breaking the bank. So, my suggestion to you is go with a spring set up for your daily driver Element. BUT 1st do your research and always replace the struts with your aftermarket springs... NEVER use your OEM struts w/aftermarket lowering springs....

hope this helps a little... i don't know too much, just telling you what i have had and dealt with on my cars in the past/present. GL w/ your search and be sure to post some PICS when/if you do the suspension. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well tanx man that ll sure help a lot! you really size me well ! so i should change the strut and sway bar too or juste the strut bar? and what about camber? the guy where i took the info to buy the suspension told me that 1.5'' shouldn't be enough to change them.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
A FYI, a couple guys had to use the rear camber arms, like bassplayer5504, he said he had inside tire wear without them, hope you can pull it off.
Later,
Steve

·
Registered
541 Posts
well tanx man that ll sure help a lot! you really size me well ! so i should change the strut and sway bar too or juste the strut bar? and what about camber? the guy where i took the info to buy the suspension told me that 1.5'' shouldn't be enough to change them.
if you are asking me(which i think you are), camber can vary greatly w/ a 1.5" drop on different cars. I never lowered my E, but as Insane SC stated, Bassplayer5504 apparently needed camber control arms. My suggestion is search and PM people who have lowered their E. GL.

·
Registered
320 Posts
camber isn't the main cause of inner tire wear. people forget that when you mess w/ the ride height, the toe changes. Toe is the major cause of premature tire wear. Alignments are a must. I WOULD suggest a camber kit, but people get away w/out using them as long as you get an alignment to correct the toe. I'm not just talking strictly Elements here but most cars.

i love eibach springs, i don't have experience w/ their prokit springs, but i love their 2.5 dia coilover type springs.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Toe is an issue also, but so is camber, I used to run the sportline kit on my camaro, had an alignment done every spring because parts wear and I beat the hell out of that car, and I still had horrible inside tire wear, and they dont make camber kits for 4th gen f-bodys, now with the pro-kit, we were able to get it close enough to stock spec and it has almost no tire wear but that is front only, the rear is live axle.
When I got bassplayer5504's old wheels, the rears had inner wear, especially on the drivers rear, he said it was from not having camber arms. I know how tires look from toe being wrong, you get a scrubbing wavy pattern from the tire skipping, the tires had no sign of that.
You can get ingalls for about $120 off ebay or buy spc's for aboyt $160 depending where you look, I am parcial to spc, they are beefier. It is worth the money, it could save hundreds in tires because of premature tire wear.
Later
steve

·
Registered
284 Posts
You need to get the spring rates for stock springs and the any springs you are considering H&R's have a better rep for springs or folks who track their cars.

Many of the Eibach springs like their pro kits are for lowering the car. The springs may have actually have spring rates lower than stock and not be as stiff.

Even on the street coil bind and bottoming out your springs are not good things.

Shocks are an important part of the equation using a stock shock or strut or one that isn't made for a shorter stiffer spring can drastically reduce the lifespan of the shock or strut.

Eibach makes great race/comp springs from personal experience. The rest of their line depends and is iffy.

Fred

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
damn thats a lot of opinions and im completly lost in all that stuff! what brand, sturt ,camber or not ,stock shock or not ....i want everything but problem im happy with my e but i just want a more agressive and cooler look with the best product and set-up as possible with out ending with a 5000$ bill! im not interested by adjustable suspension and i dont want it lower than 2'',between 1.5'' and 2'' would be the best i now have a place of trust with a lot of rep to install it but i have to find the right set up!they installed my new k&n intake last friday and they had better price than anyone and did a great job!this business as been runing for the past 18 years so thats a good start!

i may should start a thread for lowered element so i could know how guys a running there low E!

·
Registered
284 Posts
K&N's are all snake oil and their filters and products have a crappy reliability record.

In the real world K&N's products make no difference at all and may hurt performance. The stopwatch and dyno don't lie but K&N does.

Fred

·
Registered
371 Posts
i run eibachs pro kit on my e. doesnt seem to bouncy. the rear is slightly when i go over a bunch of whoop like bumps. Every day driving i dont have any problems. I installed and performed a 4 wheel alignment afterwards, because it is very nec.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have used Eibachs in all my hondas and they aways gave the best feel on the road the sportlines are really nice, a real aggressive feeling, as for the pro-kit they r the next step up so i would imagine they will be a plus on the E even if they r alittle bouncy in the back ,(it makes the ride fun LOL:D)now i would keep the stock shocks till they go out on u it would give u time to save up for takicos anyway, and while they are its the best feeling in a ride trust me ive done it with all my cars and and never had a problem with any of my cars or my truck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts