Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a decent injen exhaust sound clip. Gimme some honest feedback too. I was thinking about getting one but I don't want it to be too loud or have any annoying drone on the highway or at certain rpm's/speeds. It should fit my 2010 since nothing was changed on the exhaust between years correct?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I will try to get one on here but it is hard to record one that does it justice. It is louder. Not obnoxious ricer loud though. It is only real noticable when you are getting on it or under load going up hill etc. Barely noticable on the highway cruising at 70 on flat roads. Once it is warmed up barley noticable at idle as well. When it's cold and idling at 1500 rpm in the morning it is a little loud. At first I was affraid it was going to be too loud but I have gotten used to it and like it a lot. Hope this helps some. I think finding one around you and seeing it in person is the only real way to know if it is for you or not for sure.

Btw I have the intake and exhaust. The intake makes it louder as well but it really is a nice package together. Breaths a lot better and wakes the E up a lot. I can't stop wanting to go drive around now I just love driving it so much. Loved it before of course but it is just that much better now.

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Injen Exhaust Clip

Does anybody have a decent injen exhaust sound clip. Gimme some honest feedback too. I was thinking about getting one but I don't want it to be too loud or have any annoying drone on the highway or at certain rpm's/speeds. It should fit my 2010 since nothing was changed on the exhaust between years correct?
Here's a clip from my TRP-E with Injen exhaust. There's some mic rattle, but otherwise I think it sounds pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rojogan98816#p/a/u/1/jEdr6yHNcr8

·
Registered
288 Posts
Injen Exhaust & CAI

I will try to get one on here but it is hard to record one that does it justice. It is louder. Not obnoxious ricer loud though. It is only real noticable when you are getting on it or under load going up hill etc. Barely noticable on the highway cruising at 70 on flat roads. Once it is warmed up barley noticable at idle as well. When it's cold and idling at 1500 rpm in the morning it is a little loud. At first I was affraid it was going to be too loud but I have gotten used to it and like it a lot. Hope this helps some. I think finding one around you and seeing it in person is the only real way to know if it is for you or not for sure.

Btw I have the intake and exhaust. The intake makes it louder as well but it really is a nice package together. Breaths a lot better and wakes the E up a lot. I can't stop wanting to go drive around now I just love driving it so much. Loved it before of course but it is just that much better now.
I agree with everything you say!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I agree with everything you say!

This is one mod that I went back and fourth over for about a year. Really like the CAI/Exhaust from Injen and only wish I had done it sooner!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a clip from my TRP-E with Injen exhaust. There's some mic rattle, but otherwise I think it sounds pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rojogan98816#p/a/u/1/jEdr6yHNcr8
Maybe it's just a bad quality of sound reproduction in the video but from that I think it sounds honestly horrible like a bees in a basket/fartcan style sound. I was leaning towards getting an injen exhaust but now I'm not so sure.

Does anyone in "Tampa Bay Florida" have one of these installed I can listen to in real life?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Maybe it's just a bad quality of sound reproduction in the video but from that I think it sounds honestly horrible like a bees in a basket/fartcan style sound. I was leaning towards getting an injen exhaust but now I'm not so sure.

Does anyone in "Tampa Bay Florida" have one of these installed I can listen to in real life?
get the injen! it sounds nothing like that. that is a horrible video of the sound.

·
Registered
575 Posts

Most of what you hear in that video is the mic rattling not the Injen. If you can try to ignore the loud high pitched rattle the Injen sound is there but hard to hear. Thats why I said what I said earlier about being hard to get a good sound clip of it. I still plan to try on mine to see if we can get a good one on here. Until then I highly recomend trying to find one in person if you are on the fence.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Also if you're just doing the exhaust I don't think you will see a ton of performance increase without the intake. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I did the intake about a week before the exhaust and I think that is where a lot of the performance is. Plus it gives a nice deep throaty sound. You can really hear the air being sucked up into the motor. Don't know if I would like the sound of the exhaust witout it or not. Never heard one with just the exhaust installed in person.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had the Injen intake on my old Element and the gas mileage took a big hit.
With the new setup I have gained about 2mpg over stock when I can keep my foot out of it:grin: Not easy to do so I'm getting about the same mileage as before but having a lot more fun. The mileage gain is pretty common throughout the forum for those who take it easy on the accel. The last 3 tanks I have gotten 24.3mpg, 21.9mpg and 24.1mpg. I'm pretty happy with that.

·
Registered
288 Posts
With the new setup I have gained about 2mpg over stock when I can keep my foot out of it:grin: Not easy to do so I'm getting about the same mileage as before but having a lot more fun. The mileage gain is pretty common throughout the forum for those who take it easy on the accel. The last 3 tanks I have gotten 24.3mpg, 21.9mpg and 24.1mpg. I'm pretty happy with that.
My gas mileage has gone down, but primarily because I'm now doing most of my driving in town. I also like the way my TRP-E sounds with the Injen exhaust & CAI, so I'm really zipping around a lot.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Resonatorectomy

I just got back from a local muffler shop. I had them just cut off my stock exhaust resonator and weld in a 2" diameter straight pipe in it's place which is just a tad larger diameter than the stock piping. ($25) The sound is sooooooo sweet. It has a nice raspy deep tone down low like a 350Z then it disappears and is silent when cruising. It has a very nice sound without being too loud or obnoxious. I may just hold off on getting the Injen exhaust because this is so close to perfect now.

Here's a pic of the stock exhaust next to the Injen. Then here's pics of my straight pipe resonatorectomy before and after high temp silicon/ceramic paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Cool. Glad u like it and hope it works out well for you!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
cool that it worked out for you. I really like mine's too.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts