Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post to the forum. I joined because I am looking to buy an Element. I looked at new, and although they are beautiful, the deals are not enticing me. Plus, I'm a no-debt, no-payment kind of person. So I am looking used (cash purchase). I found a 2004 silver EX that listed for 12,900, was reduced to 11,900, and now lists for 11,300 at a local - and trustworthy - used car dealer. I live in the Detroit area, and believe me when I tell you there are very few Elements in this area. No one here buys Japanese, let alone an Element. So they are tough to find.

This body is perfect and the interior is clean, though slightly "worn." The owner likely had kids. The Carfax checks out good. I am going to have my mechanic look it over top-to-bottom, but it drives perfectly. (Should I expect anything less from a Honda?) It has 66k miles. It seems, on the surface, like a cut below market price. What do you think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome

Hi KDC. I just picked up my EX 4WD with 54k miles on it in good condition for just under $10k.

Found it on Craigslist. The guy turned out to be a private dealer and i was even able to chew him down a few bucks. The car is in great shape and still feels like it's new. He also had it detailed and threw in a full tank of gas. I'm in NY and prices are generally pretty high here. Your numbers sound like you should keep looking. Good Luck and keep us posted. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought a 2004 EX 4WD (sunset orange pearl) with 90k miles. Good condition, had a trailer hitch, roof rack, sunroof shade, interior curtains, and Honda all weather mats/cargo mat as "oem extras" included.

I paid $10,300 from a dealer in VA.

I'd look at NADA (www.nadaguides.com) and Edmunds (
www.edmunds.com) to get the fair retail and True Market Value for the vehicle. Based on the $11.3k price, the dealer is not off too far for a good vehicle with 66k miles, especially if there are not many in the area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2004 EX 4WD (sunset orange pearl) with 90k miles. Good condition, had a trailer hitch, roof rack, sunroof shade, interior curtains, and Honda all weather mats/cargo mat as "oem extras" included.

I paid $10,300 from a dealer in VA.

I'd look at NADA (www.nadaguides.com) and Edmunds (
www.edmunds.com) to get the fair retail and True Market Value for the vehicle. Based on the $11.3k price, the dealer is not off too far for a good vehicle with 66k miles, especially if there are not many in the area.
Was that $10,300 out the door or was it ttt? thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts