Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to install seats with side-air bags into an Element that was made without them. I know there is a connector for the side air bags. Is it installed but not utilized (like keyless entry)? I have an 03. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
You would be better off selling your Element and purchasing one that came with side airbags. There is more to the system than just adding the module and airbags are not something you want done half way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OP has an 03, he doesn't think the side airbags will work, he just wants to know if the seats from an 06+ will bolt in.

Keep in mind though, you'll have redundant seat belts! Ask your Honda dealer, they should know if they would bolt in [though it may take quite a few techs before you get the right answer]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually I agree w/ 2nd P, sounds like he's hoping that connector will fire up the airbags for use.....and yes, that's a whole system I don't think I'd mess with.

'06 Seats are still w/o seatbelts btw :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
You not only need the seats with airbags but also the side sensors, the wiring harness and SRS control unit are different too. The cost to convert even without the liability issues is too great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts