Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my DX Element with no radio. Where do I go to install a new system, and should I go for the upgraded Honda Speakers with the standard Honda Radio/CD or another brand !!!

I like my music loud with a good bass, but I'm 45 not 25 so is doesnt have to be totally pumped up.

And no way can I install a system myself, I want to have it installed by a place that knows what it is doing !!!

And I must say I just Love the Element. My wife drives our 2002 Trailblazer which is a big safe monster and I zip around the city in style and lug around all my stuff with no problems.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sup Frank, Jersey here also. I had Best Buy do the installation. I bought my head unit there (Kenwood MP3 deck). I did return the crappy Sony speakers and replaced them with Infinity speakers I bought on-line. JL audio is supposedly coming out with a Stealth Box sub woofer. I utilized Infinity 50.5c component speakers in front (tweeters seperate from midrange speakers) and 552i's in rear doors. I custom made a semi-recessed speaker cabinet with an 8" solo-baric subwoofer. The sub is located where EX subwoofer would be (console below transmission shifter)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes 7 speakers in total. The tweeters are very directional. By following the stock speaker layout, you will get excellent sound. The suicide door speakers are 2 way speakers with adjustable tweeters. I aimed them at passenger ear level. Front tweeters are also aimed back at the passenger space at ear level. The front door speakers are mid range speakers. The powered subwoofer totally puts the system over the top. I spent a little over $600 for my system bought online and on-sale. Best Buy guarantee's the installation for the life of the car. The guy who did my installation was a total car freak with a crazy custom car. I also used the 5 1/4" speaker size in the doors. This size fits perfectly without any additional mods needed.

·
Registered
474 Posts
P.S. You can buy your equipment anywhere and have Best Buy just do the installation unless your up to doing the install yourself. I never installed a subwoofer before and it involved drilling through the fire wall to power the sub amp off of the battery.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The cabinet came out ok. It's bigger then most (8" sub) and it sort of tskes away some leg room (1/2 inch). I didn't trim it yet because I'm waiting for the JL Stealth Box subwoofer made specifically for the Element. I'll swap mine out. I'm sure JL will do a better job then I. It's tough to post pics here. How can I post without setting up my own mini-web site?

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:198f76d614="Nat"] It's tough to post pics here. How can I post without setting up my own mini-web site?[/quote:198f76d614]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts