Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a pretty mechanical guy. Have a garage full of tools.
When I saw the Center console offered on eBay, I had to go for it.
It arrived as described, even the big speaker for the sound system.

Removing the existing simple console without the arm rest was easy.
Figure out all the new attachment/hand brake assemble took a few minutes by lining up the holes. had to make a brake indicator light switch jumper wire.
I had the crimp spades and wire in the tool box.

It took a couple tries to get the assembly order correct.
But all is working, and it looks like my 1 month old 09 is a stock SC.

Only disapointment is that the new console did not have the cable to connect the additional 12 volt cigar lighter type addapter inside the arm rest.
I'll just make my own as soon as I can find the correct 12 volt pair.

If your 'mechanically inclined and spot a console being parted out' go for it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks for the info FireBrick -Where did you come up with that name? Now how about some pictures of your fine work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
photos

well it looks just like the SC brochure.
But I'll give it a try.

When I'm finished installing a Amateur Radio/Computer setup.
Which is why I needed the SC console.

As for the nickname.
I was a career Chicagoland Firefighter
and
Was a Chicago Landmark building masonry restoration buisness owner.
So sort of a natural, real FireBricks (used in ovens, furnaces, etc) are the 'hardest' bricks.
Since I also was a Fire Officer, the nick stuck.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I must have missed it. i've been browsing for a sc console on ebay and haven't come up with any.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What year console- will any work

Hi - We have an 03 element. I have been wondering if I could put another console in. Will any year fit?

Do you have picture?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The 07 up sc console will fit as long as you get the full assembly with all the e-brake parts, and I mean every little part. Check out ebay, I see them up there about once a month.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi - We have an 03 element. I have been wondering if I could put another console in. Will any year fit?

Do you have picture?
I am currently working on this with my 03 and I am finding out that it will work but will need to fabricate some of the holes for the mounting of the brake assembly. I will try to take pictures as I proceed. I have not yet found any real good photos to assist me in the project so I hope I can be of assistance with step by steps.:grin:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Only disapointment is that the new console did not have the cable to connect the additional 12 volt cigar lighter type addapter inside the arm rest.
I'll just make my own as soon as I can find the correct 12 volt pair.

Don't bother. Wire directly from the dash 12 v unit to the back of console 12 v socket in parallel with an inline fuse using radio shack flange connectors (one has to be an insulated type).

·
Registered
207 Posts
SC Console in my 03 - not easy but did it!

I have gotten my car back from the body shop after a 40 foot box truck hit me at a stop light. While it was in the shop I started to buy stuff awaiting for the return of it so I can play. Well among the latest mods to my E was putting in a 09 SC console in my 03. After looking through the boards I got just enough info from photos to get started, but had much guess work. It has been completed and I am very happy with the results. I covered the armrest with Red Vinyl to match and added Red LED lights to the top tray and bottom tray(infront of the Sub) I have taken may pictures to show where the holes need to be made so that you can mount the hardware securly. I have made an album of photos that I hope may answer some questions when you are considering doing this.8)

I am not sure if I can link you to the photo album but I will try.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/album.php?albumid=349

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice job. If you don't mind my asking, how much was he console and where did you get it?

Thanks, again, nice install.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice job. If you don't mind my asking, how much was he console and where did you get it?

Thanks, again, nice install.
There is this guy on E-bay that is taking E's and converting them for wheel chair access and does not use the consoles. He usually has one or two each month depending on his work load. I paid $275 plus shipping for a complete console including the sub and brake assembly. He even through in brand new SC Carpeted mats.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What happens to the original subwoofer speaker? Is there another one in the new console?
The sub itself does not need to be swapped out, it reamains but the cover for it is replaced. The red trim is the original. The other is different to fit with the console. Bottom photo you can see the sub is still there. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
man that looks good i want one so bad and it looks nice because you got one that has the gray plastic that matches the interior of the later models. i wish i could find one :-(

-garrett

1 - 16 of 16 Posts