Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know about the metra steering control adapter until last night. Anybody used this yet? Wondering if this is better than the pac modules.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Didn't know about the metra steering control adapter until last night. Anybody used this yet? Wondering if this is better than the pac modules.

Thanks
Yes and Yes. The unit was tested by Metra in my personal vehicle and has been in there for months working flawlessly. ;-) I give this thing the stamp of approval.

Any specific questions i would be happy to answer about it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
One of the guys that works for my company put one in for a custy. Said it was the cat's meow.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just installed the pac module and it works pretty darn good, except for a a few tiny bugs....the volume sometimes continues to go up all the way when i press the volume up button a few times....don't know what it is, but I'm curious to know if that Metra piece is any better...a comparison would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I just installed the pac module and it works pretty darn good, except for a a few tiny bugs....the volume sometimes continues to go up all the way when i press the volume up button a few times....don't know what it is, but I'm curious to know if that Metra piece is any better...a comparison would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!
here is the comparison....

metra ASWC= better
PAC SWC= not better

:grin:

the PAC piece has worked great for many many years. in fact Metra rebranded it and sold it as an Axxess piece for a while, like all the companies do with other companies kits, etc from time to time. But now that this is out and no standing on one leg while rubbing your tummy and patting your head for programming has to be done, look for who is rebranding and reselling who's what to change. ;-)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Argh! Figures.. just bought the darn pac.

I didn't find the programming difficult. What annoys me is sometimes it won't register when I press a button.
So you're saying the metra works flawlessly then? Don't have to press the button longer than OEM for it to register? It responds every time?

Argh! again

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
it has worked great for months, and it is super responsive. no lag in buttons presses and radio responce. no extra resistors to have to put in line with wires no programming to do... it is nice. oh and it has been physically tested in practically every if not every honda out there that has steering wheel controls. the list of other cars it works with grows daily too, so you could use in in your next car more than likely.

·
Registered
194 Posts
yoda...your comparison is classic!!! LoL!!! I might just have to go out and buy the damn metra piece now even though I just got my PAC piece.... Damn it yoda!!!! why did you have go and make me want to spend more money frivilously again ?!?!?! LOL! :lol:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
it has worked great for months, and it is super responsive. no lag in buttons presses and radio responce. no extra resistors to have to put in line with wires no programming to do... it is nice. oh and it has been physically tested in practically every if not every honda out there that has steering wheel controls. the list of other cars it works with grows daily too, so you could use in in your next car more than likely.
On top of the fact that it is supposed to be a great piece, Zach might be slightly....ummmmm.....BIASED!! LOL

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
On top of the fact that it is supposed to be a great piece, Zach might be slightly....ummmmm.....BIASED!! LOL
hey just cause i know the guys personally doesnt mean it isnt an awesome piece. ;-) and besides, since the testing was done on my personal vehicle i can personally stand behind it.

I know the guys at PAC and scosche too, and they also make some great stuff, but this ASWC is the poo poo. :grin:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
hey just cause i know the guys personally doesnt mean it isnt an awesome piece. ;-) and besides, since the testing was done on my personal vehicle i can personally stand behind it.

I know the guys at PAC and scosche too, and they also make some great stuff, but this ASWC is the poo poo. :grin:
Yea, I know, I was just

I was curious...what functions does the oem control support?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yea, I know, I was just

I was curious...what functions does the oem control support?
factory does track skip, volume up and down, and mode. it is programmed to do the same from metra after it autodetects it is in an element, or you can manually set it up to do anything you want from the list on the instructions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts