Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
EOC Rank: Seagull
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi element owners,

I have a 2009 Honda element ex w/ the stock 5 speaker sound system. I installed a double din stereo in my E last week and I ran into a problem. My Sound won't work in my element. I connected all the wires correctly and got everything turned on but the only and major problem was no sound coming out of the speakers. Is the speakers all connected to the stock amp and I need to tap it? Please help a fellow element owner out. thanks

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You will have to use the low level inputs that go to the stock amp and I think there was one input off the stereo to turn on the amp. I also installed a aftermarket head and it worked fine hooking it up that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for bringing this one back from the dead- with that said it's very similar to my issue so I'll necro as opposed to starting something new. At least now you guys can see I'm up to date with some of what is already posted.

I have encountered the same problem as the OP years ago- and have swapped in a new pioneer radio / BT / ETC and have no sound. Unfortunately when I purchased the harness I only got the blue harness- I didn't get anything that adapted the black and green ones. I'm seeing that there are harnesses available that adapt all 3- but I've got the radio hanging by the connections now and I'd like to know if there's a single point I can splice to power up the stock unit instead of having to purchase the full set.

I can see in the thread and the referenced link that the green / yellow wire appears to be the "power on" wire... my question is do I tap that into an existing connection? If so- where do I tap it in?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edit: Disregard. Turns out the "remote" wire on the harness is the proper power wire and all is good now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for bringing this one back from the dead- with that said it's very similar to my issue so I'll necro as opposed to starting something new. At least now you guys can see I'm up to date with some of what is already posted.

I have encountered the same problem as the OP years ago- and have swapped in a new pioneer radio / BT / ETC and have no sound. Unfortunately when I purchased the harness I only got the blue harness- I didn't get anything that adapted the black and green ones. I'm seeing that there are harnesses available that adapt all 3- but I've got the radio hanging by the connections now and I'd like to know if there's a single point I can splice to power up the stock unit instead of having to purchase the full set.

I can see in the thread and the referenced link that the green / yellow wire appears to be the "power on" wire... my question is do I tap that into an existing connection? If so- where do I tap it in?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edit: Disregard. Turns out the "remote" wire on the harness is the proper power wire and all is good now.
Bringing this back because I haven't seen any answers to this. So is there a way to splice everything together? I too don't have the correct harness and would rather not wait for one. The green and black connections are just hanging. Same issue. Power, no sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did a head unit swap to a pioneer double din. biggest thig is just get the correct harness. it will make life way easier, as the speakers are on their own amp and the sub is on its own amp, you will have to make sure your replacement head unit has enough pre outs you will need front (L/R) and rear (L/R) and one subwoofer pre out

use the Metra 70-7863. it is made to retain using factory amplifiers. i got it next day off amazon.

its actually quite a good sounding system with the factory speakers and an upgraded head unit. With this set up you can control the sub seperaately from the speakers so you can take some of the bass out of the speakers and get more clarity. and the factory sub sounds so good.

as for splicing it.. it can be done but you would have to cut the factory connector off the harness of the element to make the subwoofer work as you wouldnt have the male end to plug into it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bringing this back because I haven't seen any answers to this. So is there a way to splice everything together? I too don't have the correct harness and would rather not wait for one. The green and black connections are just hanging. Same issue. Power, no sound.
you could cut rca's and splice them to the matching speaker (1 rca per speacker) but the sad one would be to get the subwoofer to work you would have to cut the factory connector off the element in the dash and splice an rca onto it to be able to send the sub a signal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
you could cut rca's and splice them to the matching speaker (1 rca per speacker) but the sad one would be to get the subwoofer to work you would have to cut the factory connector off the element in the dash and splice an rca onto it to be able to send the sub a signal.
I ended up cutting the factory sub connection and splicing it to an RCA connection. With this, I am still not getting sound to the speakers. Should've went with the harness. Just under a time constraint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
do you
I ended up cutting the factory sub connection and splicing it to an RCA connection. With this, I am still not getting sound to the speakers. Should've went with the harness. Just under a time constraint.
do you have your speakers running to your deck though spliced RCAs as well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts