Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried adding an additional reverse light/leds for there Element?

With tint, I'm not able to see anything back there.

perhaps on the lower bumper or license plate area?

wiring suggestions?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Has anyone tried adding an additional reverse light/leds for there Element?

With tint, I'm not able to see anything back there.

perhaps on the lower bumper or license plate area?

wiring suggestions?
Try using the search function up in the blue bar at the top of the screen (NOT the big huge Google "decoy" search in the middle of the screen) and you'll find a ton of stuff about the Element's lousy reverse lights and various things people have done to try and fix it. It ranges from simply trying different bulbs in the existing fixture to adding various kinds of additional lights.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
And here's an interesting post script to this thread. About a week ago, I was shopping at the local Meijer store when someone in an older Element parked across the lane from my spot and caught me as I was getting in. They'd noticed my much brighter than normal backup lights and wanted to know if I'd done something different or did the newer models have better lights. I took the time to show them what I'd done and gave them the web address for the board here.

Last night, I came out of the store and someone had taken a screwdriver or something about that wide and both of my tail lights were popped out on the outer edges. You can see the scrape marks where they used something to pop them loose and both of my backup light bulbs were gone. I never knew you could pop the lights out of the body that way. Looks like I need to get a tail light clamp like the cat clamp.

Guy? If you DO come to this board, you could've made your own bulbs for a few bucks. On the other hand, if you show up at the Meijer store again, it'll be easy to spot you.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
wow!

when you lead a horse to water you don't expect it to drain the trough dry and then run off with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts