Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm installing the factory fog lights but for the life of me can figure how to get the wiring through the fire wall, does anyone know or have any good ideas? everything has gobe very smoothly until now.

thanks for any insight you can provide

Scott

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Hi All

I'm installing the factory fog lights but for the life of me can figure how to get the wiring through the fire wall, does anyone know or have any good ideas? everything has gobe very smoothly until now.

thanks for any insight you can provide

Scott
I'm pretty sure that if they are factory foglights you don't need to run any wiring through the firewall. :confused:

Scroll down to the fog light section and click on the installation instructions.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementext.html

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the effort, but the H and A instruction 325 starts off with the sentence "starting behind the insturment panel...." so the wiring does come in somehow, some where!

anyone else?

Thanks

scott

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Thanks for the effort, but the H and A instruction 325 starts off with the sentence "starting behind the insturment panel...." so the wiring does come in somehow, some where!

anyone else?

Thanks

scott
Your welcome,but I think it's written that way because the wiring/connectors from the cabin to the exterior/engine bay is already wired in the E' from the factory.So basically you're just plugging in connectors in the engine bay and then in the cabin area.:confused:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ditto RamblerDan. Honda Installation Instructions, publication All 28662-28700 Jan 2005 is a great step by step guide. I wish I had a scanner, I would send a copy to you.

The wire routed from the front fog light harness will be a 1-pin connector blue-taped to the vehicle harness in the fuse box area. Remove the blue tape to free the connector.

Make sure all of your pin connectors seat fully into the fuse box. It's a fun project and a very high quality kit (the Honda kit.) ;-)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yup finding the plugs to plug into is the hardest part of the install!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts