Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just picked up my 2010 Honda Element LX last week and am looking to upgrade the stereo. I picked up an OEM EX subwoofer on ebay, and the EX instrument panel casing from MagAuto. Now, does anyone have a diagram or instructions on how all these pieces fit together and how to remove the panel from my LX?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Hello, I just picked up my 2010 Honda Element LX last week and am looking to upgrade the stereo. I picked up an OEM EX subwoofer on ebay, and the EX instrument panel casing from MagAuto. Now, does anyone have a diagram or instructions on how all these pieces fit together and how to remove the panel from my LX?

The oem ex sub and housing won't work in your LX, it will FIT but you'll need to have an aftermarket sub & aftermarket amp.

Check in the mobile audio forum, there is a sticky on wiring but OEM sub = no go bud.

I just got the EX sub and housing for my 08 LX and i have a kicker aftermarket sub, some fabricating and a sony amp ready to push it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
just curious if the oem sub will fit why would it not work If you installed an amp to push it?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
just curious if the oem sub will fit why would it not work If you installed an amp to push it?
It will work with an aftermarket amp and sub with a little fabbing

I was under the impression that he was installing an ex radio and oem ex subwoofer which would mean that he would need all the wiring and Honda amp which isn't worth the hassle IMO

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ive always thought I could buy the sub for my LX and simply stick it in then wire, didn't know I'd have to fabricate anything to make it fit. Good to know for when I buy an EX sub/enclosure to replace my cubby hole.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Ive always thought I could buy the sub for my LX and simply stick it in then wire, didn't know I'd have to fabricate anything to make it fit. Good to know for when I buy an EX sub/enclosure to replace my cubby hole.
It physically fits right in, when i said fabbing i mean that the factory subwoofer has a "plug" that goes into the harness for the EX.
Since the Lx doesn't have the amp or right harness.

Also when you put in an aftermarket sub you need to close the back of the enclosure (depending on specs of sub)

I will take some pictures tonight for you of the front / back/ inside of it

·
Registered
15 Posts
It physically fits right in, when i said fabbing i mean that the factory subwoofer has a "plug" that goes into the harness for the EX.
Since the Lx doesn't have the amp or right harness.

Also when you put in an aftermarket sub you need to close the back of the enclosure (depending on specs of sub)

I will take some pictures tonight for you of the front / back/ inside of it
I am sorry to say it but you aren't completely correct. That plug that is on the sub are just the wires to the dual voice coils. All you need to do is install a small 2 channel amp to drive the subwoofer. This is how I did it in my LX.

Here is a thread with the links of where I got my amp from: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58406

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I am sorry to say it but you aren't completely correct. That plug that is on the sub are just the wires to the dual voice coils. All you need to do is install a small 2 channel amp to drive the subwoofer. This is how I did it in my LX.

Here is a thread with the links of where I got my amp from: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58406

See i'm running a bigger amp, and pulled out the wiring & going to wire in custom lines to the Kicker sub i have and seal the box.

·
Registered
836 Posts
See i'm running a bigger amp, and pulled out the wiring & going to wire in custom lines to the Kicker sub i have and seal the box.
So it actually is pretty plug in play as long as i have a small amp for it, never asked about upgrading and customizing just swaping in oem with a little amp :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
So it actually is pretty plug in play as long as i have a small amp for it, never asked about upgrading and customizing just swaping in oem with a little amp :p
Yep! :grin: I highly recommend the mod, it's well worth the small amount of work and money required.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm either doing this mod or adding to it and attempting a fiberglass build:lol: I always bite off more than i can chew.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh wow! Well good luck, I'm sure it will be awesome. I'm just waiting on my SC console to get shipped and that'll be next for me! I've been bitten by the mod bug for sure....

·
Registered
836 Posts
so it was you who just bought the SC console off ebay i guess? I'll have one when I can afford one, until then I'm going to find a good deal on a EX sub and enclosure to last me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I bought one of the two he put up. If I would have known, I wouldn't have told him to keep the sub and take $25 off. I would have sold you that sub and the grill I have real cheap!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well if you want to sell the enclosure/grill and all that without the sub I'll still be interested :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts