Honda Element Owners Club banner

261 - 280 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
how many total bulbs do you need to do the gauges and the HVAC controls
Jim, it depends, cluster uses 1 kind, hvac uses 2 other kinds/sizes (the way i did it at least). It also depends what color/s you want per kind. On the cluster, a good fitting quality bulb is hard to find. I recommend using the same exact seller/bulb if possible just to avoid doing all the hard work over again to find one that works. I tried to use EWW-AN-E's for the same reason, but they were no longer in stock from that seller. Or copy how OD 2004 did his. My guess is you will be limited depending on what color/s you want to use.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Gang,
I did the LED dashlight conversion last year.
I noticed some of my lights flickering now.
After investigating further, I determined that I have a couple of bad base sockets.
Does anyone know the correct base sockets for a 2006 Element?
These are the black ones for the instrument cluster.. not the 2 grey ones for the odometer.

I ordered these, but they don't fit into the back of the light cluster. They can't twist into place.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182177221679

Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Are you sure it's the Honda socket? How would you even get 2 of the wrong ones? And they DID work before???

Ive had bad experiences with those LED bulbs before. I know it depends on manufacturer, but I avoid them like the plague.

If you read through the whole thread, there are lots of people that used different bulbs and had gauge/bulb problems. Mine are still going. I think Eww's are still going or he would have posted. Anybody else still going fine? Post your bulb info.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you sure it's the Honda socket? How would you even get 2 of the wrong ones? And they DID work before???

Ive had bad experiences with those LED bulbs before. I know it depends on manufacturer, but I avoid them like the plague.

If you read through the whole thread, there are lots of people that used different bulbs and had gauge/bulb problems. Mine are still going. I think Eww's are still going or he would have posted. Anybody else still going fine? Post your bulb info.
Pretty sure.. I have two bulbs that keep flickering.
I changed them out for new bulbs.. same thing happens.
I decided to move those into a different opening and then they start flickering in that opening.. conclusion, bad sockets.

Does anyone know which sockets are the correct ones? I can't find the parts number anywhere on line.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Those have to be cheap enough to just walk into a dealer and buy at a parts counter. Then you won't have any doubts they are legitimate Honda ones.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
My 2011 replacement of LED's are working just fine and no problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this seems to be an old topic but Ive been searching all night and I cant find which bulbs you guys are using for the HVAC led blue bulbs that you guys are using. I can find the original bulb that's in there but I cant cross it over to led. Is there a direct replacement for them like the gauge cluster? I want to be like Element Don!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I am Not Sure About The 2005

Hi, I know I read it some place here about replacing bulbs for the different years and I think 2007-2012 have the same instrument cluster which are tiny LED's that you have to solder on the board it's a pain but can be done.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
i tried this mod a few years ago, but never was able to get it to work.
If you still have an 05, follow my posts above. Still works great. I did ton's of testing and precaution to avoid issues.

PS, OD2004, I still hate you, lol.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you still have an 05, follow my posts above. Still works great. I did ton's of testing and precaution to avoid issues.

PS, OD2004, I still hate you, lol.
So you have a n 04 and did a similar conversion?

I only ask because I have an 05 and I would love to do a conversion similar to the one shown above , any advice?

Let em know.

THX

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well, I have been following this thread since a week before I bought my beloved E.

By now, every color and type of lamp has been tried, various mechanical problems with the lamp designs and base fixtures have been ingeniously addressed, dozens of beautiful comparison photos have been shared.

And still, although 12 years has now passed, I haven't seen a clear answer to this question: Is there any lamp which will make my instrument cluster visible in daylight?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Well, I have been following this thread since a week before I bought my beloved E.

By now, every color and type of lamp has been tried, various mechanical problems with the lamp designs and base fixtures have been ingeniously addressed, dozens of beautiful comparison photos have been shared.

And still, although 12 years has now passed, I haven't seen a clear answer to this question: Is there any lamp which will make my instrument cluster visible in daylight?
Mine have always been visible in daytime, even with the original OEM bulbs. Have you tried adjusting the dimmer function (in the post)?

If that doesn't work, then I would go LED white (not blue-white or yellow-white, but clear-white).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dashboard Illumination

I just acquired a 2005 Element. I need guidance as how to change the dashboard lamps; the dashboard illumination is too low.

261 - 280 of 343 Posts