Honda Element Owners Club banner

301 - 320 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I've checked everything I can think of. Think it might be a problem with power getting to the circuit board? possibly a ground ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had the cluster open several times but wasn't sure what exactly to test. I work with electronics, so I'm familiar to a point but never worked on this kinda thing. I wish i could find a way to power it the way the car does while inside at my desk so i can check it?
Could you point me in the right direction as far as what to meter and I'll get right to it- I'm SO eager to have lights again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
And just to be clear I having the same problem most are having with the Radio going dim when lights are turned on and lights on shifter and Temp controls have stopped working as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
And just to be clear I having the same problem most are having with the Radio going dim when lights are turned on and lights on shifter and Temp controls have stopped working as well.
Check a local salvage yard and buy replacement... See if it works... If not return and go back to troubleshooting

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is my next step but I just don't understand why they all work just are so dim. It took me a while to get all the polarity right so they light up but now this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is my next step but I just don't understand why they all work just are so dim. It took me a while to get all the polarity right so they light up but now this?
What I've found is kinda the Xmas tree affect.. if one is not working.. the others will not... I have two elements... And actively looking for more... I love these cars/trucks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went looking for a vent... Got the whole new piece for $5

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone purchased Gauge Cluster LED's off Amazon recently? I see one main option, with not great reviews. Also are the heater control lights the same style bulbs?

Also interior light options for bulbs? Lots of generic kits, but nothing seeming element specific.

When I replaced my Civics interior and reverse light bulbs it took quite a bit of searching to find the right stuff. Maybe we could update part numbers and such in the first page of the thread?

Thanks for all the info so far!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Has anyone purchased Gauge Cluster LED's off Amazon recently? I see one main option, with not great reviews. Also are the heater control lights the same style bulbs?

Also interior light options for bulbs? Lots of generic kits, but nothing seeming element specific.

When I replaced my Civics interior and reverse light bulbs it took quite a bit of searching to find the right stuff. Maybe we could update part numbers and such in the first page of the thread?

Thanks for all the info so far!

i used these from eBay and they're the best upgrade i've done, i can
actually see the odometer during the day !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Instrument-Cluster-Bulb-Speedometer-Dashboard-LED-Light-for-Element-03-06/182222173140?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cool, thanks! I noticed where you posted those before, was trying to go through Amazon for any possible return issues, but may just go through Ebay. Are the dash and hvac controls the same bulb type?

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for your response, much appreciated. Those prices for LED's are really on the high side and I expect there charging a premium as a kit.Definitely would like to put together a list of the actual part numbers so others can search for them specifically when buying different types from other sites and such.

301 - 320 of 339 Posts