Honda Element Owners Club banner

321 - 339 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I need to do this too my 05’. I remember seeing someone talk about using some type of paint to use on the LED Glass to make the white LED difference colors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I swapped mine out last month (January 2019) with white LEDs purchased on Amazon. There's a factory-applied coating that tints the light ever so slightly to a light teal color. I'd rather it be pure white but this is vastly better than the incandescent bulbs that were in there before.

Normally, I buy all my LEDs from Super Bright LEDs -- been my go-to since my very first car in 2004 -- but I'm working on a tight budget. So far, these LEDs have been great!

Here's a link (if that's allowed):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HMH13YJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Element Gauges LEDs by Trevor Joiner, on Flickr

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks good. I have regular blues, and one looks like its starting to go. I may replace all of mine with the "ICE BLUE", though the white on yours looks SLICK
Thanks! 8) In every car I've owned since my first in 2003 ('92 Celica GTS), I've been dropping white LEDs in the interior and gauge. To me, it's the easiest color to read at night (I know science says red or green) and gives a clean modern look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I swapped mine out last month (January 2019) with white LEDs purchased on Amazon. There's a factory-applied coating that tints the light ever so slightly to a light teal color. I'd rather it be pure white but this is vastly better than the incandescent bulbs that were in there before.

Normally, I buy all my LEDs from Super Bright LEDs -- been my go-to since my very first car in 2004 -- but I'm working on a tight budget. So far, these LEDs have been great!

Here's a link (if that's allowed):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HMH13YJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Element Gauges LEDs by Trevor Joiner, on Flickr
Thanks for the link. Gonna get me a set as well!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you got the same set of LEDs I did, I had an issue where none of them worked at first. Turned out I simply didn't have them pressed in all the way.
The "original" bulbs are shaped differently than these LEDs. In the picture I've marked the end of the "locating" slot with a red arrow and the electrical contact with a green arrow. The electrical contacts are in different positions relative to the end of the "locating" slot. More importantly, the contact on the LED is at a different height than on the original bulb. When inserting these LEDs in the panel, the contact is on the "outside" and can't complete the circuit.

I don't see how this bulb can even work in the instrument panel. Is this what your LEDs looked like?

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you got the same set of LEDs I did, I had an issue where none of them worked at first. Turned out I simply didn't have them pressed in all the way.
The "original" bulbs are shaped differently than these LEDs. In the picture I've marked the end of the "locating" slot with a red arrow and the electrical contact with a green arrow. The electrical contacts are in different positions relative to the end of the "locating" slot. More importantly, the contact on the LED is at a different height than on the original bulb. When inserting these LEDs in the panel, the contact is on the "outside" and can't complete the circuit.

I don't see how this bulb can even work in the instrument panel. Is this what your LEDs looked like?
Oh! You're using the twist locks that came with the bulbs? Toss them. I used the original twist locks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That worked! Thank you so much!!
Yeah, it took some trial and error before I realized that was the issue. What happened was a started to put the LEDs in the original twist locks (or whatever they're really called) but then I figured "well, I have these new ones that came with the LEDs. Might as well use them." I noticed that only a couple of the LEDs were working but it took a couple of tries before I realized the ones that were working were ones I put in the original twist locks instead of the new ones.

Glad they worked! Post photos of course!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Okay. The following has been confirmed by myself to work in a 2005 element:
194 bulbs (5LED) fit in the front side markers and license plate lights. (194-CWHP5 (cool white) or 194-AHP5 (Amber)). Other colors available.
NEO3 (1 LED) bulbs fit in the environmental buttons (pick your color). Bottom row, to answer that question.
NEO4 (1 LED) bulbs fit in the environmental dials (pick your color). Top row, to answer that question.
74-CHWP (3 LED, cool white) bulbs fit in every dash spot and in the gear indicator on automatics. Other colors fit as well.

Part numbers listed above are from SuperBrightLED.com. Most of the bulbs are polarity sensitive, if they do not come on after install, remove, turn 180 degrees, reinstall and retest.

The SBL site shows the 4410 festoon bulb as a replacement for the 578 cabin lights. It does not fit without modifying the light fixture. The center section is too long to fit between the grips. The 4210 is brighter and looks (by measurement) to fit in the cabin light fixtures better, though not confirmed.

I have not gotten around to changing turn signals, backup lights, brake / running lights or any other exterior lights. Soon though, soon.... I will let everyone know.
Also, these lights will be test fitted on my wifes' 2007 soon.

321 - 339 of 339 Posts