Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best rate anyone here has gotten and where? My insurance company tells me the car is a prototype so they can't compare it with anything. They wanna charge me 4200 a year. Help? :cry:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Wow that sounds high, even for NYC.

Insurance rates are usually real high here, but I am paying much less than that.

You might want to check out other Insurance agents, I am sure you can save a few bucks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
PROTOTYPE!?!?!?!? what are they smoking???!? nothing to compare it to?????? how much did they spend on whatever they're smoking?

to define...

"Prototype" : pro·to·type n.
An original type, form, or instance serving as a basis or standard for later stages.

well.. THAT theory is out the window... the Element is not a "basis for later stages." .. IT IS the later stage.... so nope.. aint a prototype.

OK... "nothing to compare it to"... hmmm... ok... someone's insurance agent doesnt leave the office much...

the Element falls smack dab in the small SUV class... TOYOTA RAV4, TOYOTA HIGHLANDER, TOYOTA MATRIX, PONTIAC VIBE ~ and even crosses a small amount into the van segment... notice the vague family resemblence to a HONDA PASSPORT

Not to mention that a Element is a Honda Civic with a different, bigger body on it.

~~the car is no mystery... sounds to be more of a case of an agent who sees an opportune moment to fleece a client.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote:59521097d2="RML"]Wow that sounds high, even for NYC.

Insurance rates are usually real high here, but I am paying much less than that.

You might want to check out other Insurance agents, I am sure you can save a few bucks.[/quote:59521097d2]since i live in NYC also and the car will be under my girl's name since she is a girl turning 25 soon and she has no points on her license. How much are you paying? & what company?

·
Registered
608 Posts
tommy.roks,

I am not sure exactally what we are paying, but will find out for you. We have 2 cars on the policy, as well as the alarm, VIN etching, and with homeowners from the same company, even more of a discount.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote:5df966a90b="RML"]tommy.roks,

I am not sure exactally what we are paying, but will find out for you. We have 2 cars on the policy, as well as the alarm, VIN etching, and with homeowners from the same company, even more of a discount.[/quote:5df966a90b]oh that explains it. Im sure i wont be getting the same discount as you.

·
Registered
608 Posts
also with a good driving record, and being......on the heavy side of 20 shall we say (37 :) ), and being married all help lower your insurance rates.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote:68ae222b64="RML"]also with a good driving record, and being......on the heavy side of 20 shall we say (37 :) ), and being married all help lower your insurance rates.[/quote:68ae222b64]thats why its going to be under my woman's name. she has perfect driving record. I figure female's insurance is always lower then male's

·
Registered
120 Posts
The prototype line is a total lie. This is really no different then any other small SUV on the market. It just has very different styling. I had a Toyota Tacoma and when I went to the Element my insurance went down for simple reasons. The Toyota did not have ABS, side airbags or an Alarm. My Element does. You really should shop around for insurance. I was a very "evil" driver when I was in my early 20s. I am 34 now and have only had two speeding tickets in the last 7 years. I switched to Liberty Mutual about 6 years ago and have been were happy with them. The cost is based mostly on states but I have lived in two of the top five (NJ & AZ).

Good Luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got my New Element EX AWD Auto last week. Allstate quoted me $258.00 every 6 months, but I also have my 2002 Honda Accord Coupe and 2003 Honda CRV with them for multicar discount.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a 25 year old male with 2 tickets and no accidents. For my Element, S2000 and my bike I pay 1500.00 a year. I'm in good hands with Allstate :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yeah asking about insurance rates is kinda silly here, unless for curiosity alone!

We have different ages, states, driving histories, years of driving, male or female, married or unmarried, etc, etc, etc..

I also am married, over 30, with a house, 2 cars, and clean driving record, and in a suburb, in a little state.. soooo that makes a HUGE difference!

But yes for amusement alone it is interesting (to compare rates on the biggest legalized crime in america... auto insurance!)

speaking of criminal: Greycom.. you my dear are getting hosed.. you best compare.. they are one dishonest company you met up with!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
sick huh? yeah of course when you get hit by someone who does not have insurance who is the one who gets screwed.. yup the insured.. i had been hit several times before by these loverly peoples! aggrevating huh?

·
Registered
19 Posts
:roll: I am with State Farm. I pay $362.06 twice a year! I'm 58, single, and a home owner ,with that insurance with them as well. I live in the metro Chicago area. No tickets or accidents for 10 years!

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I was shopping for insurance, Allstate came in at almost $200 less than all the other companies, and I know why! They think the Element is a minivan!

When I was on the phone buying my policy, it went something like this:

A.S. - Okay, 2003 Element EX... with anti-lock brakes and airbags... and that's a minivan.

Me - Uh.... uh, yeah... minivan. Sure it's a minivan. Yeah, that's the ticket. :wink:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My insurance rated the Element as a SUV, but the registation list it as station wagon. When they changed it, there was no difference in price. However, I am 36, co-habitating with a clean record, but I was rearended in 99 and they called that a claim. I fought with them and had them remove it. This gave me a M9 rating this reduced my insurance by over 300.00 a year. When I fought with an agenet at the time of the accident and even though they did nothing for me and I had to deal with the other company myself, they classed as a claim. This time I pushed it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts