Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am under 25 with no accidents or tickets and I pay $1400 a year with State Farm. I had liability only on my last car (Isuzu trooper) and it was $750 a year. :shock: My agent says it will not go down until I am 25 or if I get married. :roll:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Allstate in NC told me it was categorized as an SUV.

They couldn't even give me an exact quote until I gave them the VIN.

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:dc2d899334="Mattaobmoc"]I am under 25 with no accidents or tickets and I pay $1400 a year with State Farm. I had liability only on my last car (Isuzu trooper) and it was $750 a year. :shock: My agent says it will not go down until I am 25 or if I get married. :roll:[/quote:dc2d899334]

Im 24, single, renting, clean abstract and my insurance on my element is $700/yr. Its with Progressive-you know the company that gives you quotes on up to 3 more companies...anyway, i thought it was going to be a bad experience with them, but they gave me the best rate. (Plus we have no-fault crap in Hawaii)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got my bill from State Farm and it actually went down from what I was paying for my 2002 Sonata- What's up wid dat???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Szacherau, you said earlier with your insurance quote that you're E had side impact air bags and that your Tacoma did'nt?? Does yours infact HAVE side impact bags??

I'm just wondering because I did'nt think they were making them with the side impact bags yet.

Let me know!! Thanks! :wink:

Angie :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,

Will be picking up my silver manual EX E on Saturday, bright & early! It's been about 4 weeks since ordered, and I'm chompin' at the bit! :)

Just changed my GEICO insurance over to the new E from my trade-in (an explorer). I'm 33, perfect driving record; the rate will be about 325 every 6 months. That price INCLUDES Geico's supplementary mechanical warranty (available for new vehicles only)...cheaper and covers more than the dealer's extended warranty!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Evolution: Congrats, and enjoy.. (I know the wait is killing you, but soon that will be all history)

angiebanana: no side air bags till the summer (like June is what I have heard).. Soooo

RayO: Honda's typically have better ratings and crash test scores that is why you will get a better deal with a Honda over a Hyundai.

ibutchman: YIKES! You might want to call around, that is unreal.. wow.. sheesh! you are getting taken or the rates are really that bad where you live! Heck even "Hawaiian E" got a better deal being under 24!!

Hawaiian E: Great, wonderful incredible deal! Woo HOO!

Mattaobmoc: yep that is the case, once you are over 25, married or female.. and well i doubt the latter will happen! So you are closing in on better rates, soon...

boneheadz: DE it has been classed by DMV as a P/C and they kinda lump the SUVs and Wagons together.. perhaps your area really does the same thing, since the rates are the same?

Yeah I consider Auto Insurance the biggest legallized crime.. I have been hit a couple times, ehh over a decade ago.. and the fun part allways a hit-n-run.. with illegal tags stolen from another car.. arghhh! So what does that do for the honest folk? Makes our rates go up! Humm.. just does not seem right does it?

Yes above all shop around.. i remember calling my agent, (this was when progressive insurance first came out) and they gave me a quote (gasp, ack) and i let them know about my feelings that auto insurance was a legalized crime.. they said they had the best price & fine I can call around.. so I did.. and guess whate every single place i called was lower.. hum interesting huh? So NEVER trust the auto insurance agents, make the time to call around.. or hit the internet.. you will kick yourself if you don't!

OH and the lowest rate was progressive at the time, they are not always the lowest now.. they were when they started, but they are a good company.. ifyou have a home.. that is the best deal, combine your home owners and vehicles!!

GOOD LUCK all!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts