Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the honda dealership. Looking at 2 elements each with salvage titles that tun well. Travelers insurance does not insure salvage title vehicles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manager at th he dealership gave me his cell phone already online eith Nationwide. They insure salvage title elements. The cost for bear minimum coverage to barely make driving legal without comprehensive or collision insurance was $336 for a 2008 element and $345 for the 2004. For 6 months coverage.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Element
1 Posts
I just went through this over the last 24 hours. I bought a 2004 Element EX that had been in an altercation with a deer. No damage is visible but since the airbags deployed = salvage title. I made the mistake of insurance shopping online DO NOT DO THIS and if you do, give them your ex mother in law's hairdresser's phone number. A wonderful young lady at the Nationwide corporate office told me my best bet would be to go to a local broker (gratefully, they can often be found online) and was able to get AllState who had previously declined because of the title.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am at the honda dealership. Looking at 2 elements each with salvage titles that tun well. Travelers insurance does not insure salvage title vehicles.
State Farm insures them for the same price as regular unbranded cars. My 2005 is a salvaged title. Bought it with 60k miles. 100k miles later absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Since Elements are Blue Booked at less than $1000 ANY damage totals them. I have State Farm liability only... my agent said if I had an accident they would total it and ask ME for money

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would be worried about recently flooded vehicles with glitchy electrical problems. Is there a way to find out why it was salvaged. I've heard of people bringing flooded cars from other states to dump them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would be worried about recently flooded vehicles with glitchy electrical problems. Is there a way to find out why it was salvaged. I've heard of people bringing flooded cars from other states to dump them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts