Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gang,

It was my birthday last Friday and I went to H-Car in San Antonio and had my E tuned. Jorge Hurtado was very professional and is clearly an experienced and knowledgeable tuner. He modifed my ECU to accept the Ktuner tune and spent hours on the whole job. He told me he has tuned Elements before which surprised me. My awesome girlfriend got me the K&N typhoon intake to compliment the tune and Jorge put it on for me prior to the dyno run. Yes, I went a little overboard and insulated the intake myself prior to installation because I wanted to avoid heat soak. Attached are some pics. On the dyno graph red is stock tune with intake, and purple is final tune. Unfortunately I could not get a before tune without intake but Jorge (the tuner) was confident that the intake helped with performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am kind of bummed no one commented on this post. I was so excited to share this with the forum. No one has any questions or thoughts about the Ktuner tune? I think its awesome that a tune for our E even exists. I even emailed Ktuner and said as much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you considering an exhaust in the future? I figure if you add an exhaust, and maybe like rdx injectors or something you could actually see some modest gains. And sound, of course.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you considering an exhaust in the future? I figure if you add an exhaust, and maybe like rdx injectors or something you could actually see some modest gains. And sound, of course.
I have. I would love to do it for performance gain, however, I do not want it to be loud. I have yet to find a quiet cat back exhaust system. I assume you mean RSX injectors. can one just swap them out? Is that a simple mod?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gonna be honest with ya. I have no clue. I’ve looked around so I know people do that stuff with like 02-05 civics. I don’t know all the technical stuff. Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, there is a noticeable difference. Not major, but it feels like it is easier to pass cars on the freeway. I think my mpg has improved 1-2 mpg.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How is the Element since the tune. Was it noticeable difference? Did it affect your mpg?
Know that you will need to upgrade the kind of fuel you put in your E to accommodate the tune. Premium fuel is recommended for peak performance, however, after talking to my tuner I have settled on the middle of the road fuel grade. It is called unleaded plus here in Houston. I always go to Chevron as I think they have the best gas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have. I would love to do it for performance gain, however, I do not want it to be loud. I have yet to find a quiet cat back exhaust system. I assume you mean RSX injectors. can one just swap them out? Is that a simple mod?
From what I can tell you need a pigtail for Acura injectors but if you’re putting them in a k series engine everything else just fits. The RDX has a turbo k23 that came with 410cc injectors stock. Your gonna probably max out the stock fuel pump before you run up the duty cycle on those.

·
Registered
139 Posts
AWD, how much was it total? How did they dyno a part time AWD system?

my ‘06 AWD 5MT has injen intake/ catback and an rbb intake manifold from a tsx. Hoping this will help at a reasonable price point.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't want to make your tuning bad. Such an engine set-up definitely brings more power. Maybe I see something wrong there, but why do I only see 134hp and 135lbft on the diagram?
The Element has about 165hp and 160lbft as standard, or am I wrong?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Godolkin, the 160hp and torque you’re referring to is measured at the crank, AWD’s numbers are measured at the wheels.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My tuner took off all my wheels and attached them to his Dyno. I don't feel comfortable sharing my price because I negotiated and he gave me a break because it was my birthday and I drove from Houston. The tuner Jorge has now become a good friend of mine, but check out Ktuner and local dealers for an idea. I imagine price may vary depending on dyno time and what your performance goals are. See attached pics. E4u2c is correct, all the following numbers are 'at the wheels'' horsepower. Baseline run was 121.544 hp, and 119.877 tq. After fine tuning I am now running 133.782 hp, and 134.679 tq. That's 15 lbft gain in torque which I found quite impressive for our engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I’m curious what my numbers will be with my intake manifold, exhaust and that I already use 92 octane.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’m curious what my numbers will be with my intake manifold, exhaust and that I already use 92 octane.
A tune would definitely help you get the most out of those mods. I am curious about this RBB mod you did. You have an 06, so your is drive by wire also I believe. Did you switch everything out yourself? I remain a bit confused on what TSX manifold is appropriate and attaching gaskets, extra. I tried to start a RBB parts list thread a while back but noone responded. You know Skunk advertises an intake manifold for our E for about $450 in addition to a separate throttlebody that is $350ish, don't quote me. The RBB mod seems like a much better value mod. What is labor looking like roughly, for that switch?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Merry Christmas!
My 2006 is not drive by wire, it starts in 2007. My stock is the raa intake manifold while yours is a different style, I think similar to the rbb or rbc. I remember seeing a post many years ago on here about the differences. I re-used the factory gaskets with planning to get replacements if there was a leak. Removal and install is rather easy but I discarded the lower bracket like everyone else did.
I’ve owned my E since new, 14 years and 200k+ miles. All mods were done many miles and years apart. The intake manifold showing me the most gain of the 3 components I’ve upgraded.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Merry Christmas!
My 2006 is not drive by wire, it starts in 2007. My stock is the raa intake manifold while yours is a different style, I think similar to the rbb or rbc. I remember seeing a post many years ago on here about the differences. I re-used the factory gaskets with planning to get replacements if there was a leak. Removal and install is rather easy but I discarded the lower bracket like everyone else did.
I’ve owned my E since new, 14 years and 200k+ miles. All mods were done many miles and years apart. The intake manifold showing me the most gain of the 3 components I’ve upgraded.
Merry Christmas to you! So apologies, I got confused. Yes, if you have an 06 then we should have the same engine. So to do the mod I would start of with buying an Acura TSX INTAKE MANIFOLD, part #
17110-RBB-000. Right?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts