Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of questions how much it gives you, well now we have a real answer. I am sure this has been posted before. But Truckin' Mag did a intake+Exhaust dyno test INJEN stuff. looks like 130hp and 140lbft to the wheels with the two combo.

On The Dyno
We used the Dynojet 248C dyno at Brother's Performance in Corona, California, for our horsepower figures. We made a total of six runs: two stock, two with just the intake, and two with the intake and exhaust. Check out the numbers and give Injen a call to get more power out of your Element. Stock numbers revealed we were sporting 126.4 hp max with 128.9 lb-ft of torque. With the Injen intake, we upped the output to 127.2 hp and 138.2 lb-ft: a full 10 lb-ft improvement! Intake and exhaust, the dyno showed a max of 130.0 hp and 140.3 lb-ft of torque. The figures were on a completely reset ECU without any training time, so we're certain, given some miles, the numbers will increase even more. The total torque increase was almost 12 lb-ft.

http://truckin.automotive.com/55108/0510tr-honda-element-intake-and-exhaust/installation-photos.html

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have lighter wheels prob give a little more. but many ppl have rims like that or similar who have intake/exhaust so this might be a good measure for them. I think that Element looks good too, anyone know who it belongs to or is it Truckin' mags personal one?

·
Registered
320 Posts
do you have pics of the dyno sheets?

i want to see where the numbers changed or to see at what rpm it either went up or down and stuff, . And how long did the car sit in between each run?

thanks for doing this! i've been curious for a long time now. 126whp is so weak but i wasn't surprised

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Add a couple more to the numbers for us 5spd guys, autos are always less, but if there was a way to fit a higher stall in, that would be sweet.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That Element looks sweet and I like the rims real plus with with the color.

·
Registered
136 Posts
my vw could probably kill that E off the line also. How much hp does intake and exhaust add to the E anyways? Maybetheys should also install the new intAke manifold for even more better air flow. Or even better when are headers availabe for all of our rides? We all want them!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well these specs are for an 05 element. doesn't the SC have more power. because they say the element has 160 hp when i read that the 07 sc has 166hp. and they use then old exhaust with the welded injen logo where as the exhaust that i have has it cut into the metal

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Raad-the only difference is the outlet position because of the sc model and the new tip, the old model, but same part number, was way off from the outlet position of the SC.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Well these specs are for an 05 element. doesn't the SC have more power. because they say the element has 160 hp when i read that the 07 sc has 166hp. and they use then old exhaust with the welded injen logo where as the exhaust that i have has it cut into the metal

When the E came out the engine was rated for 160. A couple of years later the method of calculating HP was revised and the rating dropped to 156. For 2007 the engine was given a few tweaks and the rating went up to 166 for all E's....not just the SC.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the E came out the engine was rated for 160. A couple of years later the method of calculating HP was revised and the rating dropped to 156. For 2007 the engine was given a few tweaks and the rating went up to 166 for all E's....not just the SC.

100% right. Well put. 140lbft to the wheels is pretty decent, esp for a Honda Engine. If you add pulleys, RBC intake manifold, TSX headers, lighten flywheel and a ECU reflash/program you can expect those # to go up. I would venture to guess 140-150WHP(180flywheel) and 160 Wheel LBFT(190Flywheel). Then you got yourself a lil Rice Box that can move.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Raad-the only difference is the outlet position because of the sc model and the new tip, the old model, but same part number, was way off from the outlet position of the SC.
The Injen exhaust is not off on the older model... I have one. They probably used that tip on other vehicles and it made sense to carry it over to the E. I highly doubt it is any more complicated than convenience.

Still waiting for all the Intake haters from other threads to show up.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm glad this was posted. It confirmed my butt dyno readings with my Injen intake and exhaust. I don't know that I feel tremendous upper-end gains, but I have noticed you can get the engine up to about 2500 rpm and keep it there to accelerate smoothly and reasonably quickly from a stop at a light. The torque is noticeable at the low end (even if it isn't the full 12 lb-ft gain at the low end). The real nice side-effect of adding these parts is that I went from getting anywhere from 18-21 mpg around town to 21.5-22mpg consistently. That in itself made the whole thing worthwhile, though the extra little bit of oomph makes me happy when I get on the freeway or have to pass someone.

I should be getting my RBB intake manifold on soon, so I'm sure that will only continue to improve things. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm glad this was posted. It confirmed my butt dyno readings with my Injen intake and exhaust. I don't know that I feel tremendous upper-end gains, but I have noticed you can get the engine up to about 2500 rpm and keep it there to accelerate smoothly and reasonably quickly from a stop at a light. The torque is noticeable at the low end (even if it isn't the full 12 lb-ft gain at the low end). The real nice side-effect of adding these parts is that I went from getting anywhere from 18-21 mpg around town to 21.5-22mpg consistently. That in itself made the whole thing worthwhile, though the extra little bit of oomph makes me happy when I get on the freeway or have to pass someone.

I should be getting my RBB intake manifold on soon, so I'm sure that will only continue to improve things. :rolleyes:
Look forward RBB intake manifold review. nice to hear ppl mod this box and make something out of it. Best of luck, let us know when ur done and how the butt dyno stacks up. Video would be cool too.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Peak numbers are worthless

You need to look at the total area under both curves. And again its all just numbers and hot air unless its faster on the track.

You typically lose between 18 to 22% on a chassis dyno versus published hp and torque figures.

And I didn't notice but was this the average of the runs or the first run. Makes a difference.

Not a hater. i learned the hard way back 30 years ago w/ performance claims on water cooled VW's. Yeah larger throttle body gives you 10 more peak hp and 10ft lbs of peak torque but since it was a single large butterfly vs a dual butterflies it was slower and gave worse partial throttle performance.

And d*mn ANSA makes a great exhaust but it rusts out after a year in the DC area.

I believe Truckn is owned by the same group that owned VW and Porsche back in the late 70's. If i remember correctly they were sister pubs. Any dyno results they published or current similar mags publish are
to sell the advertisers product and pure garbage now like they were 30 years ago. GRM is the only mag I trust for performance mods.

I don't trust any of the BMW mags even the CCAs Roundel.

And BTW never ever participate in the development of performance parts if you have to sign a waiver for dyno runs. I never ended up with a boat anchor but I know guys who had very expensive flat6 turbo boat anchors
as a result of signing a waiver. i know one guy who has a beautiful V10M engine in his living room as a coffee table because he signed a waiver.

Fred

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The Injen exhaust is not off on the older model... I have one. They probably used that tip on other vehicles and it made sense to carry it over to the E. I highly doubt it is any more complicated than convenience.

Still waiting for all the Intake haters from other threads to show up.
What I meant is if you look at someone who has an injen from say 2 years ago and tried to put it on a SC, the exhaust outlet is off to the left about 2 inches, there is pics somewhere on here of someone that had it like that but after everyone telling him it looked horrible, he had a exhaust shop fix it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
What I meant is if you look at someone who has an injen from say 2 years ago and tried to put it on a SC, the exhaust outlet is off to the left about 2 inches, there is pics somewhere on here of someone that had it like that but after everyone telling him it looked horrible, he had a exhaust shop fix it.
That is an entirely different part number than the one we are discussing. They have one and only one model for the SC and it has not changed at all. The design has not changed, just the tip has. You might be referring to the 03-06 exhaust which is pre-SC anyway. It isn't even an old part number, they still sell them.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
When I was online looking around, there was a place that had some in overstock, it said 03up, will not fit sc, sc model will be available soon, but it was the same part number that is used now. So either they werw idiots, most likely, or I read it wrong. But anyways, atleast they have it all figured out to fit on the SC, and yes, the older tip does look better in my opinion, it does not stick out past the bumper as far.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts