Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my recently purchased 2009 EX, while removing Intake Manifold to replace the Starter and Knock Sensor, I discovered a black plastic box attached to the underside of the Intake Manifold.

None of my other Elements ( 2003 & 2006 ) have this part.

I searched all the posts here, images & exploded parts diagrams on the web and can't find out what it is.

It needs to be removed in order to get the manifold out without removing the radiator or the fuel injector manifold.

QUESTION: What is it and how to detach it from the manifold?

Here's a picture with the visible portion of box outlined in RED

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops my bad. Just found another thread with the answer

Oops my bad. Just found another thread with the answer.
The mystery box is called a "Chamber Assembly."

See this post...
My girlfriend has a 2008 with a bad starter I'm trying to replace. I watched a YouTube video of how to do this but apparently that was a previous generation model since it does not have a "chamber assembly" (part #4 http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ELEMENT&catcgry2=2008&catcgry3=5DR+EX+(2WD)&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=INTAKE+MANIFOLD).

Ok so far I've got the intake hose between the throttle body and filter box removed. I've got the to upper and lower intake manifold bolts removed (including the bracket on the bottom). The last thing keeping me com getting to the starter is the plastic chamber deal. I got both #12 bolts off but #19 is testing my sanity. It feels unnatural, like I'm doing something very wrong. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing a bolt just above it too that I know I can't remove.

So I feel like I've totally missed something here. Is there some magical angle I can pull out the intake manifold with the chamber intact? Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts